Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.
I came across the Fuji medium format digital cameras (e.g. Fuji GFX 50R). Anyone have hands on experience with those that can comment on how they handle?

I’m pretty familiar with the X100/XPro-3 form factor and how they compare. I have been curious about digital medium format lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Paul MaudDib posted:

I don't have any comment on the GFX specifically, but fuji glass is extremely underappreciated in general, the company has always sucked at marketing especially outside japan, but their glass is really excellent. And they have been knocking it out of the park lately with the UX on their cameras as well.

Definitely agree. The thing that got my attention with Fuji when I was getting back into photography is that they make telephoto lenses for satellites and poo poo. Generally, if you’re producing industrial grade pro glass, it’s worth looking at what else is going on.

My film stuff is all 50-70’s Leica and I’d say the Fuji stuff all comes close if not exceeds the Leica gear.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

They’re all great photos, but that last one is my favorite by far.

What film stock is that for the BW?