Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
How do you guys go lugging around all the gear for those big LF landscapes? It'd all be quite heavy and awkward wouldn't it? How do you guys go with the expense too, LF film would cost (relatively) a shitton right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

deaders posted:

Greg Miller should only present his work in person with framed prints at least 1m wide. Send him an email so he can drive over to your house to display his work.

That sounds pretty rad tbh

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
This thread makes me want to buy a mf camera, just to get the film look. I'm going to be a very poor man soon aren't I

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

elgarbo posted:

You can also get the "film look" by buying a $5 35mm film camera.

Well, the big format part too.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Yes to the limited but not in the way you are asking, and no. Why so hostile? I just like it. Are you limited by not shooting MF/LF Does it magically make your photos better?

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Aug 4, 2016

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

deaders posted:

I don't understand the question

Well then why ask it of me except to be a dick.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

deaders posted:

Because medium format film is not the answer you seek. Or do whatever you want, it's your time and money so go nuts.

I mean you could just say what you are trying too like El Garbo and not be an rear end in a top hat? It's not difficult.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

MrBlandAverage posted:

What makes you so ready to believe you're being attacked?

The attitude that someone would only consider this because clearly "they think it'll just magically make their photos better". No, I look at this stuff and I like it and I can't try it with my gear because it's a lovely crop rebel and isn't capable of the same frame because they don't make lenses that wide. And then it's completely different because of focal length compression.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 4, 2016

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

ansel autisms posted:

He's not being an rear end in a top hat, you're just a baby.

Also, the fact that this dude will attack me every time I post makes me think I get attacked for posting in the dorkroom. Go check his posts when the dude was asking for a dslr for a few hundred bucks in the general questions thead. Ansel was so thirsty to jump down my throat he embarrassed himself into deleting his posts, because they were unhelpful vitriolic bullshit.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

deaders posted:

Why are you so thin skinned? If you ask a question then get a different answer from the one you were expecting that doesn't mean the person is attacking you. There must be a forum for overly-entitled, thin-skinned 14 year olds somewhere that better suits your needs.

So I guess I read more into it than was there but the usual thing is to take a dump on that bratwurst fella for no reason. It gets pretty tiresome pretty bloody quick. Sorry I took your post as continuation of that.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 5, 2016

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
-

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Sep 29, 2016

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Thanks, soundmonkey

Im not embarrassed by it, its not like anything I did caused it, its just genetics and lovely luck and especially lovely timing. It really sucked rear end.

Im gunna take that break now.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Reply Alright Then or something like that.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Sludge Tank posted:

Fellers I'm sorry if this is too e/n for the thread.
I had a real bad romantic distress a couple of months ago and] it has entirely sapped all my passion or drive for anything photographic. Moreso than ever before as usuallly these situations are what push me into suffocating myself with photography.. I've been stuck in a static state of just work/sleep/eat repeat. Completely fallen off the wagon and have produced literally zilch in about 2 or so months. I've tried drastically to build up the confidence and motivation to do something but just cannot summon the energy. I've been watching the threads and blogs and going to shows and feeding my appetite for art but not producing anything myself. I don't know what I'm waiting for. Outside of "go out and shoot" I need something else because that's what my IRL friends keep saying but I can't muster the juice. I feel completely hosed. Feel like I'm even losing my eye. Does anyone have some advice you can give me? I'm totally at a loss but I feel the itch, but the instictive urge to scratch it isn't there. Sorry to dump e/n but I just feel worthless atm

sincerely
token e/n guy

Having no energy and taking no enjoyment from your hobbies are strong symptoms of depression. Obviously im some idiot on a forum, but honestly, go talk to your gp about it.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

I like this, do you know the dude or was it a random also visiting the park?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
The ferry image is nice, I dont know why but its really relaxing to look at.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

a cyberpunk goose posted:

Hey that's a big oyster!

Every small Australian town has a The Big X.

The best one is the The Big Potato Turd

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

You've single handedly made me pause and look at potted plants every time I'm out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Sludge Tank posted:

8x10 black glass ambrotype
4 seconds exposure

:nws:

putting NSFW in spoiler tags still loads it and gets people in trouble