Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Did anyone use Kodak Readyload film back in the day?
I got a 4x5, and have the itch to experiment with expired film just because the price of new stuff hurts. There seems to be a lot of 4x5 Readyload stuff on Ebay for actually reasonable prices that didn't expire all that long ago - way cheaper than just 4x5 sheets. I already have a Polaroid 545i holder that I know is light tight, and it's supposed to be able to also take the Readyload sheets too.

Doing some googling and I see people having successful results with it, but I also found some comments from back when it was still made about the sleeve sticking to the film and not cleaning separating and ruining images or stuff like that. I have no idea how common that was, but if it happened when the film was still new I can't imagine it's any better fifteen-twenty years on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Google Butt posted:

When I got my Instax back, I was still learning how to actually shoot large format and the instant feedback was really helpful. Just a little added benefit, aside from a pretty cool little picture. Also a nice thing you can gift someone if you're using a model for portraits.

Yeah, this.

It's a lot of fun if you have something like a Graflex with a rangefinder and can compose without using the ground glass. Just go around at a party taking photos of friends looking like a 1930s press photographer and then passing out instant photos.

And the photos will turn out way better than any plastic lens Instax camera can produce. All instax film is weirdly high quality when Fuji staunchly refuses to make even a half decent camera for it.