Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Kurnell by Michael Garbutt, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

underage at the vape shop posted:

You've single handedly made me pause and look at potted plants every time I'm out.

As long as I'm making people aware, my artistic aims are being met.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Anyway, here's some dirt.

elgarbo fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Apr 4, 2017

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Your use of Hipstamatic filters has reached next level, nice work dude.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

It has been duly noted elsewhere, but I will go on public record to say that you, sir, are killing it lately.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Hey Sheep, you rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

ianskate posted:

I've been having a hell of a time getting good shots with my Pentax 67 with Portra 400, and looking for any pointers about nailing exposure, beyond metering the shadows and shooting at 320/200 instead of 400.

I don't understand exposure, I just do what you do. How do you get this wrong? Shooting Portra 400 is literally shooting film on easy mode.

Aim camera at a scene. Get a light reading. Roughly dial in that reading, erring on the side of overexposure. Push button. Get film developed, sigh and chuck it in the trash (but not because exposure isn't ace!). Rinse and repeat.