Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
Greg Miller should only present his work in person with framed prints at least 1m wide. Send him an email so he can drive over to your house to display his work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Dude!

Some Canadian medium format eh:

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

are you limited by your current gear and have a specific need to move to medium format or do you just think it will magically make your photos better?

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Yes to the limited but not in the way you are asking, and no. Why so hostile? I just like it. Are you limited by not shooting MF/LF Does it magically make your photos better?

I don't understand the question, I shoot mf, 35mm, dslr and with my phone.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Well then why ask it of me except to be a dick.

Because medium format film is not the answer you seek. Or do whatever you want, it's your time and money so go nuts.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

unhelpful vitriolic bullshit.

Why are you so thin skinned? If you ask a question then get a different answer from the one you were expecting that doesn't mean the person is attacking you.

deaders fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 5, 2016

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Helen Highwater posted:

The motion blur on the flags is super distracting. I'd have been tempted to clone them out.

Distracting from what?

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

eggsovereasy posted:

I've been scanning a lot of film this week

Your colours are fairly off. Seems to be lots of red/purple

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

I haven't contributed for a while expect to poo poo on the street thread so here are some photos

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Thanks, I don't actually remembered how I metered for it but it's portra 400 so I was probably standing in that open shade and held my incident meter out in front of me.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

HookShot posted:

The are awesome.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Paul MaudDib posted:

If you can't look at a scene and have some conceptual idea of what aperture you might like to shoot that scene at, maybe you aren't ready to shoot medium format yet. Full disclosure: it's a buck a frame, developed cost.

Also, if a half stop either way on the aperture would kill your ~creative control~, and you are unable to adapt to this with your technical expertise on how to work a camera: you need a shutter priority camera, and also to not be shooting medium format yet.

The P67 is not any more complex than a K1000. That's the 35mm comparison: it's a big K1000 that shoots 6x7 negatives, and that's a camera that literally every photo student has shot for the last 40 years. But not everyone is cracked up to shoot a K1000, even as simple as that is. Some people need program modes to do everything for them. But you're not going to fool anyone in this thread by pretending a K1000 is some complex monster. It's got a meter built in, that makes it easier than 95% of the medium format cameras on the market.

(double extra pro-tip: learn sunny-16 and you can predict the exposures you're going to take even without picking up a meter, and then you have a free second to tweak the shutter speed dial, because it's literally just "that's a shady area under a tree", "that's a beach", etc)

Again, I don't want to encourage anyone to not do medium format, it's easy, literally as easy as 35mm, that's the point here. Go ahead and buy The Big K1000 (tm), or a TLR, or whatever. "It's Easy Enough Your Conservative Dad Figured It Out 50 Years Ago". And he didn't even have the Internet to help.

You come across as a massive oval office to be honest.

pro tip: post some photos before you start being condescending to others