Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I carry my poo poo in a bag and I have a job that gives me enough money to buy film at the end of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

MrBlandAverage posted:

I never take my camera out of the bag without being reasonably sure of how I'm going to compose the photo.

And even once it's out, you have a 4x5" glass plate that's showing the image you're going to take. At that point you've got to put the holder in the camera, stop down the lens, cock the shutter, remove the dark slide, and fire. There's a lot of time to think hard about the shot you're taking before you do it.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Here is a large format:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Mt. Hood spotted

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

God Bless This Chamonix

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Billings, Montana

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I don't understand why people would want to share their LF work on Instagram. Such a big format presented on such a tiny network.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Awkward Davies posted:

I think the network is huge though. You gotta go where the people are, to some extent. It does seem somewhat silly, but also you can still see the LF difference in the photos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Awkward Davies posted:

I dunno. I think snobbery is available to people who are already successful. Lynch can rail against iPhones all he wants, he doesn't have to worry about people not watching his stuff. He can afford to tell them that they're consuming his work "wrong".

Also, why would you limit yourself? The more people who look at, appreciate, and get interested in any sort of analog photography, the better. The more inaccessible and exclusive you make it, the fewer people buy film and cameras, and the sooner it dies.

You're implying that the goal of all (most?) photographers is purely for exposure. I don't think you need to be successful to want to retain some modicum of control over how your images are presented. There's nothing inherently wrong with sharing your images on whatever platform you want, but I personally feel like you're losing out on some of the benefits of presentation of LF (or even any non-phone image, really) when displaying them on a medium that's going to only be viewed on a small screen. If your entire goal is exposure or convincing people to follow in your footsteps, sure, whatever, use Instagram. I use it as a mobile phone sketchbook but obviously I don't represent the views of the entire userbase.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 21, 2016

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Who?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Helicity posted:

That's my new favorite shot of yours. - those clouds are majestic as gently caress.

Thanks!

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Good neon, shame it'll obviously never turn on again

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Bar 3/3 (of bars I'm posting on this page of the thread) in Conrad, MT

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Awkward Davies posted:

A person!!!!!111!!1!1!!!!112!!!!

3 sisters & their mother

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Happens to me all the time

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Building or art?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

somewhere outside of nowhere, Idaho

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Awkward Davies posted:

Just a tiny bit. I played around with it a little:

http://imgur.com/a/CjHxA

edit: wow, imgur blows now. No direct links to images?

The hell are you talking about

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 30, 2016

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Whoops, I meant to pair them initially but jumped the gun I guess

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I mean you could just say what you are trying too like El Garbo and not be an rear end in a top hat? It's not difficult.

He wasn't being an rear end in a top hat.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

He's not being an rear end in a top hat, you're just a baby.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Chill out, dude, you throw a hissy fit every time you post.

If you think going MF/LF will solve your issues with wide angles you're going down the wrong path. 10mm on crop isn't good enough? Not a single MF or LF lens will let you get that wide.

edit: I checked. There's a 47mm Schneider that barely covers 4x5, which is roughly equivalent to a 12mm lens on 35.

bellows lugosi fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 4, 2016

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Pinhole + hat shutter

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I love the little grill on the left.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi