Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Medium format is fun as heck. Everyone should have a big heavy rear end MF camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

:aslol:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

VelociBacon posted:

The P67 is a really unergonomic camera, ironically it's worse with the grip since that's the side you're focusing/adjusting shutter speed with so you can never really use it. The base of the camera is full of square edges and it's heavy obviously. The eye-level prisms on the 67 are super heavy because glass etc.

I love my fat wooden p67 grip.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

:popeye: never stop shooting that rolleiflex

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Choicecut posted:

I was also curious why there was so much grain on these. I like the way they look, but seemed super grainy. Is that just the result of the Ultrafine Extreme 400 cheap film?

Probably not the cause, but I'm curious about what you scanned them with.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ryangs posted:

poo poo, I was all ready to buy a Pentax 645 from Japan on eBay. Now this thread has me thinking I should get a 6x7 instead.

I have had great success shooting 35mm with my Pentax Spotmatic. I almost always prefer a 28mm lens. But now, I am now for more detail and sharpness in images like this.

A 645 (or 645N) with a 45mm lens seems like one path. Even though I have gone without it for years, the idea of autofocus is appealing for the times when there are human beings or other live subjects in the frame.

A Pentax 6x7 seems more in keeping with my current all-manual tradition. I would want a 55mm lens to feel equivalent to 28mm in 35, right?

I've had a Yashica 124G for years, but have never taken to the TLR viewfinder or 80mm lens.

i love my pentax 67

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

red19fire posted:

Underground Reciprocal Fail-Road :downsrim:

Not sure if this counts as a racist joke. 🤔

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Choicecut posted:

Can someone recommend a good cable release for the 67? I want to try some long exposure shots. I'm guessing any threaded release will work, but was curious what you guys are using.

Probably a long shot, but are there any "remote" options available?

I use a generic cable release from amazon and it works great.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

owns

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

when this first loaded my mind interpreted that plant as the outline of a figure skater.

maybe I need more coffee.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

nice picture of garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

:patriot: