Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Hasselblad posted:

Is a bellows worth the extra cash over extension tubes for close-up work? Going to be solely using the 80mm that came with the kit for quite a while, but the minimum focusing distance is pretty extreme.

How close are we talking here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
Yeah I used to use the short ext tube to shoot portraits with my 150mm f/4 because that was the only way to get a frame filling composition. If you want 1:1 you want a bellows.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Also if generally if you ask around you can get someone to send you a few empty boxes for the cost of postage so you have something to start off with.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

ReverendHammer posted:

I recently came into possession of three Bronica ETRS cameras. Since this is my first time working with Bronica's system is there anything I should keep in mind when testing them?

Two thing to keep in mind.

1: The latch to remove the back is fiddly but once you figure it out not so bad

2: 6x4.5 is dumb and bad

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
My biggest issue with the format is the fact that it requires the same amount of effort to shoot and scan as 6x6 or 6x7. I mean you''ll get a few extra frames on a roll but unless you are chewing through film that's not really a big draw imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Megabound posted:

It can be useful for identifying orientation when setting up your negs in an enlarger or when scanning.

Also people used to cut extra notches into cameras with removable backs so that way if you found am issue on a roll you knew which light trap to replace. This might have just been with hassie backs tbh but it was pretty common in those.