Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

We've all been there at least once.

Live and learn.

Also, re: sand. I once left my 500cm in my gym bag, which had had towels from the beach in it from 2 days prior. I still cringe when I feel that grinding as I focus :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Thoogsby posted:

a boring rear end tree pic

Looks like you focused on the grass way upfront, leaving the tree out of focus

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I use an earlier version of this:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/435535-REG/Sekonic_401_399_L_398A_Studio_Deluxe_III.html

What I want is one of these:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1219217-REG/sekonic_401_307_l_308s_u_flashmate_light_meter.html

But ain't seen one for a good price in Canada

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Sludge Tank posted:

I did a digitial long exposure (half second) photo years before in just the rough open sea that came out really well, wanted to try the same thing going though ice and got the chance to do it again. I agree it's not exactly knock out stuff but it was worth trying. A thousand apologies that it didn't blow your loving mind.

Dude if you don't want critique the low effort thread is that way

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

Those are very filmic for sure. Really like it. Although I think the horizon may be off on the second one.

E: anyone know A Guy who repairs Pentax 67s? My shutter isn't actuating reliably at speeds faster than 1/250. There is a local repair guy here in Vancouver but he doesn't have parts. So I guess I'm looking for a (differently) broken 67 as well.

Yea tehre's this one guy, but he's gonna call you a gently caress and accuse you of jacking him (forgot which thread that was from)

e: oh it was from within this page http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783287&pagenumber=14#post466039277

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Awkward Davies posted:

Yeah I've been experimenting with tagging photos to get more views but obviously I don't put a ton of effort into it and it doesn't really work on Flickr ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No he means because it's not called 120mm, to format is called just 120

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

To "break into" MF just get a 6x6 or 6x7 camera.
Forget the 645.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

way better

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

eggsovereasy posted:

I've not shot with my Chamonix in a long time, but I decided to take it to an old cemetary in town and work on a typology of old gave markers. Here's what I have so far:

Cool, I think I would like it more if the bases of all of those stones matched up on a line, also all taken from the exact same distance from the stones.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

don't get for the same reason you wouldn't get a 645

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Just get a Chamonix and skip all the growing pains. It's worth it.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Wild EEPROM posted:

When you get the film roll back, just flip it around and roll it back up, and after an hour you’ll be about 95% of the way there

i just use the big friedlander book to flatten film out. takes a week.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Nice one, like the bloom

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I really need to plan a good 2 week road trip this summer.

bobmarleysghost fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 17, 2021

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

what problem are you trying to solve for that would require ulf gear?

if you haven't shot a frame in 2 years i don't think buying more gear is going to fix the underlying issue.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

still magenta.

if you have an iphone check them on there

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

i have the kiev one that i never used i can sell it to you for a good price.
i can take pics of it later today if you want.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

sounds good

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

victor doesn't make them like he used to :baduk:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Cross post, expired film for sale.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759085&pagenumber=53&perpage=40&userid=0#post526648042

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I was curious about when I bought my GW670 iii, in 2015 from KEH as a BGN condition, but it was honestly pristine except for a slightly bent strap eyelet.

It hasn’t needed any CLA at all and it’s been my main MF cam since then.
Can’t recommend it enough.