Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bobnumerotres posted:

i saw haggar and other melee characters routinely get destroyed by infinite flying doom that can just spam projectiles and play keep away until the other dude dies

that morrigan crossfire with vergil missiles coming in vertically is cheap as gently caress too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

games shouldnt have infinites unless theres a way to break them in this humble gamers opinion

no games should have infinites period unless it's HNK where every single character has an infinite

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

oh that's chris g's team

it's specifically designed to do that and he's the only one who plays that way at a high level

its dumb that you can do that at all and it stinks of a bad game

its sad that mvc3 becomes so lovely at high level because i think of that and mvc2 as The Other Smash Bros, really easy to pickup with a ton of great characters and its some dumb fun at a party

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Bobnumerotres posted:

its dumb that you can do that at all and it stinks of a bad game

its sad that mvc3 becomes so lovely at high level because i think of that and mvc2 as The Other Smash Bros, really easy to pickup with a ton of great characters and its some dumb fun at a party

marvel 2 is also that way at a high level

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah 2 is broken as hell. old fighting game with 100 characters that couldnt be patched go figure lol

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah 2 is broken as hell. old fighting game with 100 characters that couldnt be patched go figure lol

perhaps the same could be said of marvel 3

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i acknowledge that marvel 3 has a lot of problems (x-factor, VERGIL, etc) but i still think the game is fine

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

no games should have infinites period unless it's HNK where every single character has an infinite

yeah im just being realistic though

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

someone link me to infiltration and fuudo so i can have a good cry with james chen when japaense harry potter loses

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm worried that disney will let capcom make a mahvel fighter and capcom will give it to dimps

mvc3 was farmed out to 8ing who are the successor company to raizing who made the #1 confirmed videogame of all time battle garegga. after raizing quit the shmups biz they changed their names to 8ing and either made the dbz budoukai games or the over the shoulder style naruto games i forget which . bye.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

i tried watching some mvc3 but its literally all doctor doom and pheonix and all the S tier characters have infinites so its a game of who gets the first hit and then that character dies its dumb as gently caress

jchamp is the pheonix guy and fortunaetly he stinks at sf5 and hasn't played mvc3 and is hopefully i will no longer have to see him because he looks like a human pug dog

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

He deserves like 3 Evo wins for suffering through Gamerbee hell last year

gamerbee won and the nefarious chinese communists at razor stole his victory

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

The winning move was dash up throw

classic nash

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mysterious loyall X posted:

mvc3 was farmed out to 8ing who are the successor company to raizing who made the #1 confirmed videogame of all time battle garegga. after raizing quit the shmups biz they changed their names to 8ing and either made the dbz budoukai games or the over the shoulder style naruto games i forget which . bye.

Yeah theyve given all their fighters to dimps recently and they suck

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

4 was done by dimps and 5 i think a couple interns cobbled together in about 2 weeks and is set to be out of beta by 2018 fufufufufufufu

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*chimps

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i feel that andrej

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011