Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Doopliss posted:

This game's incredibly stupid Elvish writing is one of my favourite things about it. We'll be seeing a bit more of it if we make it all the way to Dark Side.
Please explain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I really need to play this game and figure out what portion of the gibberish on display in an artifact of the translation process, and what was actually as nonsensical in the original.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Gully Foyle posted:

: It depends on who you are, amd especially who you want to enchant.

: But wants here not to turn back into a frog again, so the early must fall in love with her.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Gully Foyle posted:

: You have rendered me invaluable hel.

Also, leave it. We're not on some quest to rid the entire world of an undead scourge. We only started doing this thing at the Paladin's request, and if he wants to keep fighting undead in an isolated location forever, there's absolutely no reason not to oblige him.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Gully Foyle posted:

: Ok, sounds interesting.
: It's not a difficult task. On the Mantil Islands an old pirate, Thomas Cook - he's dying. He told me that he's looking for a person who is not interested in his inheritance. A stranger is what he seeks.

In fact I believe he is hiding because I pus a reward on his head.

: Hmm... I can assure you that I had nothing to do with it... Hmmm, I think I may know who has done this. Who is that?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Gully Foyle posted:

: To be honest. To be honest, I would advise the first way.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Gully Foyle posted:

: . So, you thing you can convince

: You know, maybe I'm as strong as my eldest brother, or as smart as my elder brother.
Brendan.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

You can't side with the rebels?

It's kinda interesting how the enemy army leader is never an actual unit on the battlefield. So you never kill them in combat - you presumably hunt them down and cut their throat after the fight.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Gully Foyle posted:

The ghost ship turns out to be full of ghosts, who knew?

But not nearly enough to resist our fire magics, which does a pretty good job of vaporizing them even just using the splash damage.

: They are given by the temple priests to those who have sincerely repented for their sins sincerely.

: I want to tet the spell's power on Moon Ghost.

I imagine "Bdyh" sounds a little something like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WQ046gvtPA&t=20s

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Gully Foyle posted:

: Why not? If you need them so much, you'll definitely pay the going price for them! I'll need... Let's say one hundred thousand gold coins! Don't even think to haggle, the price is final and non-negotiable, hah hah... Oh, my old cook used to say the same thing. He was a well-educated person too, by the way! That's why it's such a pity that he went to feed fish... heh...
I'm assuming some of these are LJ's lines?

Also, this is one of the few updates in which I can clearly see exactly which Russian proverbs / pop-culture quotes were awkwardly translated into English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk0taJn5dyU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Wow. It's no often that I can spot the exact stereotypical "minority speak" phrase that orc-speech is based upon.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

This is the most inspiring LP ever now. We will show this to future procrastinating LPers as a valuable lesson. "If this guy can LP with his arm snapped in half, you have no valid excuses".

You can spend your off-time reviewing previous updates and typo-hunting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Poil posted:

Personally I wouldn't rate keeper of the light as high as mediocre. But maybe there'll be a lot of demons and undead to make it worthwhile?
What level / how much gold would we have now, had we taken it before going to the cemetery way back when.

Spare

• Locked thread