Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcomage
Nov 10, 2012

Sloober posted:

there is some magic nerfs i believe, but it's been a while. all i really recall is damage spells are not nearly as good in the games after The Legend

A necessary change but i also felt it went a little too far

Theoretically, the balance changes make your army actually relevant as a Mage - you get less out of the damage spells but instead get generally better unit upgrades and options, and therefore have to focus more on clever solutions and finding the right spell for the right situation. It's also definitely true that the Warrior and Paladin are much better options in comparison for the sequel games. The balance shifts definitely take some time to get used to, though, which is kind of exacerbated by how the games very much look and play the same regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread