Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

meristem posted:

Like I said, I only played the two first games, but isn't Dark Side unnecessarily... edgy? Like in the vein of "haha, good and evil are just two sides of the same coin, and being 'evil' is just another word for being a 'freedom fighter'"? Because it was rumours to that extent that kept me from playing it in the first place. I've never been much for this type of equivocation.

Only at first glance. You're playing as an orc/succubus/vampire so of course they're going "we're totally freedom fighters not evil bastards". Then you proceed to cheat, betray, backstab, deceive, forsake and generally be quite cartoonishly evil towards everyone and everything in the world (minus a couple catspaws here and there).

The narrative is not "good is evil and evil is good", it's "everyone in this bloody world is horribly evil and the two competing flavors call themselves light and dark".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Glazius posted:

Whoof. Swapping any two units in a tactical context is murder. Is it any two units? Like, can you zoom a fast unit into the enemy lines and then swap in a tank, if you've got a demoness working for you?

Any two, barring magic immunities IIRC, so no swapping black dragons and similia. Demonesses are, in my opinion, one of the best units player side for the sheer tactical fuckery opportunities swap gives you.
By the way, charmed enemies are valid sacrifice spell donors, so it's fun times all around.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Gully Foyle posted:

Oh yeah, the Demoness has a ton of potential. I admit I haven't used them that much, since it takes a while to get access to them and often times I don't bother getting the Tolerance skill.

Yeah, demonic units cratering your morale and having restricted access is absolutely a necessary balance decision. In KB: The Dark, where you have immediate access to them and you don't actually need Tolerance for various reasons, the Demoness is insane.
My standard mid-game tactic in that game was to swap my Demon stack with a ranged stack, while the Demons lay havoc in the enemy backline charm said ranged stack and sacrifice it to replenish the Demon numbers. It's insanely effective.

• Locked thread