Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

From just reading the description and some half remembered stuff when I personally played this game I'm pretty sure the purpose of Magical Axes is to make up for low unit numbers as a Mage. It's probably the best source of physical damage a Mage is likely to have for quite a while, especially considering most of the really high physical damage units are also really leadership intensive.

I really like this series, even if I'm ever so slightly terrible at it, and so this will be a fun LP to view. Especially if you move onto the other games as I've never finished any of them.

Finally I'm voting for a Mage with the name Ignation Flareson and Emblem F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

meristem posted:

I still have no idea why items have a "Race: " description field, though. As far as I can tell, this doesn't seem to influence anything?

It influences something alright, but you're not likely to notice what. As far as I remember the race of an item means that using it with that race in your army makes morale decay slower and fighting against that race decays morale faster. So if you have an item of race Elf and kill a really huge amount of Elves with it it gets mad.

It also determines what sort of enemies will be in living weapons when you subdue them and to an extent determines potential drop/shop locations of items. Undead items will be sold by Undead merchants and drop from fights with Undead.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I’m assuming the other easy way to do the Mirror Match is make an army where each unit counters another unit and then have a bunch ignored bonus initiative?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Slaan posted:

How many miners do the dwarves have? This is basically depopulating a small town of them

The word Dwarf and Miner are the same, there is no such thing as a Dwarf who isn't, when not doing anything else, a Miner.

• Locked thread