Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Orc units are also pretty fun, they get powerups from hitting stuff and powerdowns from not hitting stuff, with some of the powerups being really strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

theshim posted:

The real issue with Orc troops in Crossworlds is that the player's Orcs start with no Adrenaline, which is normal, but enemy Orcs start with a whole mess, so they can drop all of their nasty abilities immediately.

Its been a while since I played it, but I remember ending up with various artifacts that meant my orcs started with a lot of rage. I think I usually had 2nd tier unlocked straight away.

As you can imagine, this improved my enjoyment of all orc loadout considerably. :black101:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Can we just have a nice drunken bash and then get even more drunk with our new buddies?

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
I actually really enjoyed the direction of the mechanics changes in HOMM IV, even if they lacked polish and the graphics aged poorly.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Kill the paladin

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Fight XP for the XP god (Brendon)

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Take the train

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Play crossroads and think of it as armored princess + meaty set of patches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Gully Foyle posted:

(though I do have some minor complaints about some of the unit balance).

Just some? I always thought that the modern KB series is all about how much you can break the game :v:

• Locked thread