Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

whatever7 posted:

Daoism is cool. You have sex with virgins to archive immorality .

I'd like to think these aren't typos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Hey guys I gotta poop...

Urrrr....

Uffff....

Agag posted:

I just like seeing soldiers get owned and atheists fill their diapers. Its more aesthetic than moral.

Wow, it's a smelly one.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
sssssooo is there actually any more news on this?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

BillmasterCozb posted:

sssssooo is there actually any more news on this?

No, man. Erdogan won and everyone not on board with him is getting carved up in some dungeon. Better luck next time.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Agag posted:

No, man. Erdogan won and everyone not on board with him is getting carved up in some dungeon. Better luck next time.

loving hell just bomb erdogan, obama

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Agag posted:

I just like seeing soldiers get owned and atheists fill their diapers. Its more aesthetic than moral.

How do you teach ur kids with 15000 teachers losing their license. Not you persoanally but this purge in the army and public is unsustainable .

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

How do you teach ur kids with 15000 teachers losing their license. Not you persoanally but this purge in the army and public is unsustainable .

I don't think Erdogan is too worried about teaching the kids. How does that help him?

As for the army, that's a retard's job. Stalin purged the gently caress out of the army, then they marched right to Berlin anyway.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Agag posted:

I don't think Erdogan is too worried about teaching the kids. How does that help him?

As for the army, that's a retard's job. Stalin purged the gently caress out of the army, then they marched right to Berlin anyway.

Wasn't Russia bigger and more powerful on any measure? And not in the middle of an Isis thing?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

Wasn't Russia bigger and more powerful on any measure? And not in the middle of an Isis thing?

Turkey and Russia are a lot alike in this respect. There are a lot of Turks/Russians, and they are more than happy to die for Turkey/Russia, even though its a shithole.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

is that navy still missing

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Any word on whether or not Erdogan picked a minority to Final Solution yet?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Agag posted:

Yeah five years after the purges.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Agag posted:

Didn't do particularly well against the Fins.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Nobody really wants the Fins and their bog lands

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

BillmasterCozb posted:

loving hell just bomb erdogan, obama

thats not how game of thrones aka real life works

the bad guys get away with things

this isnt a feel good late 80s action movie where the president rides on a nuclear cruise missile with dual uzis akimbo shooting at the bads and jumps off the cruise missile at the apex of the big bad fight scene only to plunge it right into erdogan's chest with some cheap quippy 1 liner like "Nice meltdown" as Erdogan literally melts down from the exposure to the radioactivity in his chest cavity before being blown apart atom by atom

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Darth123123 posted:

umm you just have some friendly salafist imams handle all the teaching, aduhhhh

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Lastgirl posted:

this isnt a feel good late 80s action movie where the president rides on a nuclear cruise missile with dual uzis akimbo shooting at the bads and jumps off the cruise missile at the apex of the big bad fight scene only to plunge it right into erdogan's chest with some cheap quippy 1 liner like "Nice meltdown" as Erdogan literally melts down from the exposure to the radioactivity in his chest cavity before being blown apart atom by atom

Why the hell not? That sounds awesome!

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

lohli posted:

Any word on whether or not Erdogan picked a minority to Final Solution yet?

It's a well known fact that the only way Erdogan can get a boner is to murder a Kurd

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Poor showing at the Winter War only probably encouraged Hitler to attack a weak USSR. And cost them millions of lives extra in the consequent war. Little things.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

goatface posted:

I'd say more Iran post revolution.

That means it's about time for the Greeks to invade and usher in 10 years of baleful slaughter

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

A Typical Goon posted:

It's a well known fact that the only way Erdogan can get a boner is to murder a Kurd

Is Erdogan secretly a chinaman? Does he need to snort ground up kurds to make him virile?

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

steinrokkan posted:

I've suspected Fico of many things, but being a secret Islamist has never been one of them.

Yup, till now he was opposing immigrants and suddenly he supports Erdogan who was blackmailing whole EU with opening borders and letting them in. He is a loving snake that man.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I think those were Hitlers last works before he self-owned with that Walther.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

lohli posted:

Is Erdogan secretly a chinaman? Does he need to snort ground up kurds to make him virile?

You just grind up the horn. You throw the rest of the Kurd away.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Lastgirl posted:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Good on them for loving up those Russians in their country.

You do know that wasn't the Taliban or al Qaeda and that picture isn't as ironic or damning as you think it is?

e: and the Beast is a much better movie than Rambo 3

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Randarkman posted:

You do know that wasn't the Taliban or al Qaeda and that picture isn't as ironic or damning as you think it is?

lol ok friend

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
the arms we supplied to the "brave Mujahideen" did not end up in the possession of al Qaeda and the Taliban, nor did any people transition between these groups, no sir

the same won't happen to the "moderate Syrian rebels" we've been arming, no sir

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

AugmentedVision posted:

the arms we supplied to the "brave Mujahideen" did not end up in the possession of al Qaeda and the Taliban, nor did any people transition between these groups, no sir

the same won't happen to the "moderate Syrian rebels" we've been arming, no sir

Well actually there was a whole civil war thing afterwards where the Taliban (from 96), drawing most of their recruits from refugee camps in Pakistan and supported by Pakistani intelligence came up against the Mujahideen groups like the northern alliance (supported by Iran and Turkey among others) and the US pretty much didn't care anymore.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Darth123123 posted:

Who needs formal education when you can read the Quran and live the good life amongst bombed out rubble for a house and kill other people from time to time. Really, it's very similar to getting a GED in the USA.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Yeah the Mujahideen were assorted warlords including the Opium trafficking northern alliance and other folks the CIA favored like Gulbuddin Hekmatyar (known for feats from acid attacks on women and mass rocket artillery attacks on civilian areas) ... so much better than the backwards student movement funded by Pakistani intelligence (who, oops, were also getting money from the US)

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

There is no indication that performance against the Fins would have been better without the purges. Military doctrine and procurement got so hosed up that it isn't clear whether the purges were a bad or a good thing.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

White Phosphorus posted:

There is no indication that performance against the Fins would have been better without the purges. Military doctrine and procurement got so hosed up that it isn't clear whether the purges were a bad or a good thing.

After the Winter's War , Stalin secured the strategic position for Leningrad from Snow White and Thor anyway.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lastgirl posted:

bomb em anyway

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Have they disappeared anyone notable yet? I know they've extended the detention without charge to 30 days so the world's media will have stopped watching, but there must have been some snatch teams out bagging undesirables by now, right?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Randarkman posted:

e: and the Beast is a much better movie than Rambo 3

Afghanistan was made a much safer and more prosperous country once the the Red government was deposed.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Who needs formal education when you can read the Quran and live the good life amongst bombed out rubble for a house and kill other people from time to time. Really, it's very similar to getting a GED in the USA.

Turkey is going to try its own version of the Cultural Revolution.

-massive purges in the military and amongst opposing politicians
-dismissing judges and public officials who are not 110% vocal about their support of the new regime
-laying off and imprisoning teachers
-using civilians to mob whoever gets in your way
-removing formal education and higher learning
-starting to rely on dogma/personality cult
-sending people to work on farms be tortured and killed

I expect great things from Turkey, considering the vast majority of Turks think Erdogan is leading them down the right path, and those that don't are too terrified to say anything.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

Why the hell not? That sounds awesome!

Because we gotta fluff up the Muslim world a little bit to make them seem like more of a threat, or we'll never get WW3.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

steinrokkan posted:

Afghanistan was made a much safer and more prosperous country once the the Red government was deposed.

I've heard that the "Afghanistan in the 60s" or whatever photo series showing how great it used to be, is largely due to the fact that both Cold War superpowers were pouring development money into the country, trying to recruit it

USSR decided to take its turn collecting first and the country returned to its natural state as the graveyard of empires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I've heard that the "Afghanistan in the 60s" or whatever photo series showing how great it used to be, is largely due to the fact that both Cold War superpowers were pouring development money into the country, trying to recruit it

USSR decided to take its turn collecting first and the country returned to its natural state as the graveyard of empires

Those "look how modern Afghanistan was" photos represented a very, very, very small segment of the population, and only a very limited section of Kabul looked like that.

• Locked thread