Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
HERE YA GO, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Volcott posted:

Koss headphones have a lifetime warranty if you're a big dumb idiot who can't not break things.

Koss Porta-pros are also usually $35 on amazon and are really great. I've been using mine for 3 years every day.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
vmoda m100s OMG

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
dont make me suck your dick human being

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

TheMostFrench posted:

What the gently caress do you people do to your headphones to make them only last a year?

My in-ear headphones can't survive running. Most brands fall apart after a couple months, except Sennheiser which will survive a whole year.

cnut posted:

You can get rid of the static if you put them in the microwave for a minute or so :eng101:

This works because they're probably microwave-soldered in the first place. They probably assemble them with solder paste and put all the plastics on before microwaving them to reflow the solder as the last step before QC.

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy

cuck cuck im gay posted:

get beats by dre

nah these fart in your ear.

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

Nosam0819 posted:

nah these fart in your ear.

That is my fetish.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I've gotten really fond of Bluetooth headphones, especially when I'm at the computer. Been using a pair of Skull Candy Hesh 2 wireless for a few months now and they've been great. They are also big enough to actually cover my ears and stay comfortable for more than a couple of hours.

cnut
May 3, 2016

bleep.bloop posted:

This works because they're probably microwave-soldered in the first place. They probably assemble them with solder paste and put all the plastics on before microwaving them to reflow the solder as the last step before QC.

This guy gets it :)

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I used to work at a gym and the lost & found rules where if you found it, you could put dibs on it, if it was still there a week later it was yours. My best find was a pair of Shure SRH840 studio monitor headphones. I asked a friend who produces music about them, and it turns out they're a $200 pair with awesome sound.

That's my headphone story thanks and please subscribe!

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
my headphones are broke too, the only working pairs I have now are old apple earbuds and those aren't designed to stay in human ears for some reason

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

now theres this cool staticy old radio sound whenever they play audio it sounds like psstksoktoksktksktpspoptoostkt

dont sine your posts

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

hth posted:

dont sine your posts

I love/hate you.

I have about 4 pairs of hd 215's. they sound good.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

staberind posted:

I have about 4 pairs of hd 215's. they sound good.

do you have 8 ears

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

OctoberBlues posted:

Beats really loving suck.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Bardeh posted:

do you have 8 ears

A pair for going out, a pair for the stereo, a spaire and a pair to lend to any friend that says "my headphones broke".

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I have a set of Creative Bluetooth something or others earphones(over ear but not huge and gay like beats) and I like the,m. That's my story

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I spent $300 on a set of earphones because I'm a dumb nerd moron.

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.
cant vouch for their new stuff, but had my audio technicas for 5 years, cable isn't hard wired, which has saved its rear end many times. One of the cups is worn, but I hear that is expected - $150 for n.cancelling. Lol @ spending bmw money on headphones

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I've gotten really fond of Bluetooth headphones, especially when I'm at the computer. Been using a pair of Skull Candy Hesh 2 wireless for a few months now and they've been great. They are also big enough to actually cover my ears and stay comfortable for more than a couple of hours.

I think it was a goon here who used to work for Skullcandy and he said that they only actually designed one model of headphones, and the other 98% of their product lineup was just picking stuff out of a Chinese factory catalog and adding a logo and color scheme

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

canyoneer posted:

I think it was a goon here who used to work for Skullcandy and he said that they only actually designed one model of headphones, and the other 98% of their product lineup was just picking stuff out of a Chinese factory catalog and adding a logo and color scheme

Curated headphones, what a wild idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

canyoneer posted:

I can't say much about the brand overall, just this one set of headphones. I already had a couple of other pairs of Bluetooth headphones from other companies that didn't quite fit my needs for use at my desktop, and I snagged the Hesh 2 at a ridiculous sale price at Radio Shack of all places. They've served me well for months now. :shrug:

• Locked thread