Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Okay, I got around to watching this show and the faces are freaking me out.

I dunno man. These are like the faces I'd expect from a horror show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

"buddies"

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Personally I turned it off when she started having an existential crisis over the photos on her phone.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

What's it like to be a robot?

Pretty good. I don't have to have a mental breakdown when my cereal gets soggy.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

The Colonel posted:

did you not watch the last eight episodes of this show

I did. All the other characters are fine. But she is the embodiment of the Japanese simpering, emotional woman archetype that I despise.

I honestly don't know how we are supposed to believe that she manages to get by every day without having several breakdowns a week when things don't go perfectly.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Why do you watch anything at all? I mean, most of us non-robots derive enjoyment from the emotions these shows evoke, since you apparently don't have that capacity I have to wonder what you find interesting about stories in general.

I enjoy plenty of slice of life shows. The only emotions this one evoke in me are frustration with the main character and boredom with the glacial pace.

I realize this is a at least partly a show about how Futaba gets out of her shell, but she is so timid and spineless at the start so as to be unlikable, at least for me. Clearly people can reasonably differ on that.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Can I not express my frustration with this show? Or is this thread only for people who like everything about it?

I like the other characters and the detailed art and the scuba diving setting. I dislike the main character.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

alcharagia posted:

well that's not what you said earlier

What? about those faces? I still don't like those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I said the main character is simpering? Yes? That is one of the reasons I don't like her. Correct. That doesn't undermine other elements of the show that I do like.

• Locked thread