Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Watched Episode 1. This seems good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

And caught up with Episode 2. Yeah, this show's good. It's really pretty, although I feel like it leans just a touch heavier on Pikari and Teko's SD faces than I would prefer, because their actual faces are really well drawn and look great. I hope the writers acknowledge the very obvious crush they've given Teko and Pikari at some point, though. I mean, come on, there was basically no point of these first two episodes that wasn't being produced like a romance.

How many episodes are we getting? 13, 26?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Can't wait for Pikari and Teko to go down

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Good buddies.

Y'know, Teko really ought to start giving a little more in this relationship sometime. :v:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

alcharagia posted:

teko and pikari diving in the sea, k-i-s-s-i-n-g

Not yet, unfortunately :(

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Just managed to describe Amanchu to someone as a show about 'two girls who like diving' and keep a straight face

Looked up the joke.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Amanchu: No, not THAT kind of diving!

Definitely not.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Watched today's ep. I think this show might be even gayer than eupho, and that is saying something.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh come now.

They could be bi.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Today's episode was nice. Cool to see Teko put in some work without Pikari babying her quite so much, and I liked having an episode from the teacher's perspective. Also, seems like episodes are starting to be divided into two more distinct chapters now?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So I'm pretty sure Teko and Pikari have better chemistry together than Oreki and Chitanda by now.

Only a month left for them to kiss...:smith:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

this was an extremely good episode

:hai:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Can't believe this character, people never get emotionally invested and hung up on things that appear silly from the outside, especially not lonely teenage girls, no sir

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Not liking a thing is fine.

Nitrousoxide posted:

But she is the embodiment of the Japanese simpering, emotional woman archetype that I despise.

This is less so. More damningly, it appears to be the only substantive criticism you've offered, so there's not much anyone can say in response beyond "I dunno it rang true enough for me." If it doesn't resonate with you, that's fine, but if that's the extent of what you have to say about it then you're not really offering anything to the discussion beyond a wet blanket, and I don't know why you'd expect people to be to enthusiastic about that.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

2 episodes left for the buddies to confess and/or kiss. Come on Amanchu, don't fail me.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 9, 2016

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

nielsm posted:

Today was practically a marriage proposal already.

All the more reason for them to just make it official already. :colbert:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Oh wow, I missed that.

Are Big Sis and Big Bro broke?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm sure today's experience with the baby buttcat will be quite valuable for when Teko and Pikari are married and adopt beautiful children to raise together.

Anyway, good episode, but the art felt a little off in a way I can't quite pin down.

Also, now that we're nearly done I'm curious - anyone who's read the manga care to say how faithful the show's been? Any real changes? Just curious.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Great finale to a great show. The whole diving scene was raw euphoria shooting right into my veins. Also, YAAAAAAY PIKARI CONFESSED and they both looked so happy at the end!!! :kimchi: The show as a whole was just extremely well animated and very soothing, and I found Teko really relatable and endearing as a main character. I almost wonder what the rest of the manga is even about - the show we got feels very nice and complete.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

this was a fun and totally gay show

i would like a season 2

Yeah. Like I said, I'm not sure what more there really is to do from a story perspective, but then I think about it for a second and realize I totally wouldn't mind another 12 episodes of them just Abzu-ing it up and looking at cool fish and poo poo under the sea without any real plot at all.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

The manga has more characters introduced, largely solo chapters, and spends more time on non-Teko/Pikari characters.

Teko also gains a rival.

Wait - Is Teko gaining a rival as in someone who is competing with her for Pikari's affection, or someone who is competing with Pikari for hers? The way you worded that spoiler makes it sound like the former, but I would have sooner expected the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I will say, the last scene was very sweet in how it kind of inverted Teko and Pikari's roles compared to most of the show. I'm pretty sure it's the only time in the entire show Pikari's been remotely nervous or outwardly unsure in how she talks with someone else - note the way she stammers and goes "no you go first" when she and Teko go to thank each other at the same time (also, note that Teko was going to initiate the conversation on her own before Pikari nearly beat her to it, a significant step for the timid, terrified girl she'd been through most of the show), the way she opens up and talks about how worried she was that people would get annoyed and fed up with how she's always getting excited and trying to draw people into her adventures, and her initial inability to put her feelings for Teko into words. Then, when Teko reassures her and talks about how happy Pikari's made her, and how happy she is to finally have some passion for something and how much it's all meant to her, how happy she was that Pikari had dragged her along into the diving club, it's one of the first times in the whole series that Teko has done something tangible for Pikari, after spending much of the show's runtime leaning on Pikari as an emotional crutch. It makes their relationship much more equal and reciprocal than it was before. Even before Pikari's confession, this was really, really sweet, and absolutely the right note to end on IMO. And they conveyed all of that using just a handful of lines, too. Just a really, really great ending. Kind of reminds me Hyouka, now that I think of it.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 24, 2016

• Locked thread