Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I like how this LP became Everything Wrong With Digimon World 3.
Any Digimon game is going to be like that, unless someone LPs Cyber Sleuth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
They weren't seriously expecting you to...? - Let's Play Digimon World 3

I know Digimon games vary wildly in quality, but do any of them manage to be more unfun than this? Even DW1 had the weirdness charm factor going for it despite the poorly explained everything.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Blaze Dragon posted:

Guilmon, Renamon. Tamers is the best series.
Getting on the :bandwagon:.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Kite just needs to collect one little tiny item to fix everything, but the game will give you no idea where it is, and it could be literally anywhere you've been before! Also the random encounter rate has doubled for no apparent reason.

And then when he collects it, everyone else steals the credit anyway.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Glazius posted:

Yes, surely this time an online Digimon experience will be perfectly safe!
That reminds me of the .hack//games. "OK, we all know The World has a crisis that sends random players into comas every so often, but THIS time will be fine. :downs:"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

GeneralYeti posted:

But yeah. The post game will come. Eventually. And from what I've heard, it's a fucker.
I'd ask where the hell the postgame could even go, but it's not like the plot has made sense anyway. :shepface:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm willing to ignore BlackMegaroGrowlmon (should be BlackWarGrowlmon if in dub, and even if you want a straight translation it'd be BlackMegaloGrowmon)
Early Digimon games had real trouble with consistent name translations. Goblimon being Goburimon in several games springs to mind.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

GeneralYeti posted:

Don't you dare give him ideas :argh:
You're right. Digital Card Battle is actually good, so you need a bad game to play instead. Maybe Digimon World 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm also not sure how you get Ancient Greymon from those two. :psyduck:
It's Digimon. You're lucky if digivolution lines are consistent at all between games(barring the lines from the anime). Just...don't think about it too hard.

• Locked thread