Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Ok so first off i love you.

Second after someone finished bomberman 64 the second attack, i felt like this game had to be next to have its lp curse broken.

-Tuskmon can be encountered from the very start of the game in the upper part of plug cape. With a speedy strong champion, you should be able to beat a few for counter crests.

-Fishing is a great way to grind with no cheat code once your monsters have beefy attack stats. (walk up to water mash x)

- The card game is fun, it's like a gwent. Like eerily similar when you think of it, and weird to skip, however it doesn't pick up until about suzaaku because you are handed some poo poo cards.

-The knightmon situation is a dick move because you've been trained to go to that city

-tamers card battle vs regular battle based on charisma

-Blackwaygreymon can wreck things and is very easy to get early on.

-generally speaking don't use the digimons canon power level, the easier it is to obtain a mon the weaker it is. stat multiple wise. Even though 999 is the highest stat you can see, different digivolutions show the power difference.

- US endgame differs vastly from eu's mainly due to something very important you are seeing right now, though we aren't endgame, US version, unlike normal the point of no return, is the point of, well drat divermon are the only loving npcs left i can talk to. its a weird spoiler about getting end game activities done for those playing at home.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

It takes a gently caress ton of grinding to hit the natural megas.

You can entirely beat the game having 1 or 2 natural megas if you just do the work to scrape by.

Some of the experience tricks are fishing for things past your level hitting their weakness until you train enough in gym to whomp them,

chasing after rare colored numemon otherwise it's just somehow get to the 60-100k necessary.

And digivolutions go up max 1 level per battle.

This game gives dragon quest 8's grinding curves a run for its money, but its not a horrible game, it just has silly flaws especially for a game targeted towards children that was 20 bucks on release and released during the ps2 cycle.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I'll admit the underground is horrible.

It's not mentioned how slowly you walk.

The strongest cards in the card minigame are unfortunately hidden in those tunnels, and there are only 1 of them.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

DjinnAndTonic posted:

Hmmm, that latest update seemed to have semi interesting content again. As if you could have cut out the last like five updates worth of the game and nothing would be lost. This game sure likes its padding. It's such a shame. It feels like there could be a good game in here but instead they drowned it in bullshit and backtracking.

World 3 stands out because it is genuinely charming for a few hours, has a fun mini game and doesn't take it self super seriously but has the most outlandish leveling curve and back tracking i've ever seen in a game. And still to this day holds that candle.

The underground is not only optional but tedious and I don't recommend it. I went into a tunnel that should have had a black agumon or whoever and it wasn't there, then I never went into another unless the game forced me.
The padding is likely due to it being rushed as hell.

Came out in 2002 summer, Probably had a harsh as hell deadline.

Cyber sleuth is better, and this game isn't unplayable but it's hard to recommend outside of nostalgia vision

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Interesting ranfom fact

that cthulhu digimon is also a dropped plot point in digimon 02.

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Dragomon

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/His_Master%27s_Voice

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Dec 7, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Actually cyber sleuth has a very similar twist on the same exact scenario but digimon are seen differently.

Grankuwagamon is in the game and the best way to put this is that veemon has the easiest time unlocking him but its still 3 bitches and a half.

An added note, digimon levels n stats are important but even at 999 in a stat. harder to obtain digivolutions will be stronger. (not hard for that digimon, but hard as in how many pre-evos it requires)

one from the intro requires a poo poo ton as well.

But Grankuwagamon stands out, and is a requirement for ANOTHER digimon.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Dec 21, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I think whats even shittier is If i'm not mistaken, the US version not only has no postgame, but is stuck in this state of everyone in the game being pigs besides like divermon before the last boss fight.

So enjoy card island, or just turn the game off.

It's a lovely game with some charming parts, but most of the charm is in the first half and it makes a lot of sense why I usually stopped playing midway through in all attempts to replay.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Wow this and bomberman 64 the second attack pretty much both had their curses broken back to back (for me relatively speaking)

congrats.

It's not a great game, but kid me liked it and found it charming even though the game constantly kicks you in the neck.

I only ever beat the game once.

Thanks

• Locked thread