Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I always liked how Jesse and James got their motto wrong but in a way that's appropriate to their character - unlike the rest of Team Rocket they're not bad people - they're three misfits who only have each other because their external friends and family are toxic garbage people. They try to do bad things but they always fail because they half-rear end it, but whenever it's just them looking after each other they do (relatively) fine. They're just stuck with Team Rocket cause likely no one else will hire them for long.

They also treat their Pokemon fairly well despite being incompetent in most other areas - in varying episodes they've trained with them, taken care of them and their pokemon (Victreebel excluded because he wasn't James's original weepinbell - the shady kindergarten switched it with a stranger so James would think he had evolved) tend to care about them too as demonstrated in the Island of Giant Pokemon episode.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Dec 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I was into CyberSleuth as soon as I saw that one of the starters was Hagurumon Picked him immediately and never looked back.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Kemix posted:

Early-game breaking over your knee? Sign me up.

Not even that, just Hagurumon is always ignored by the anime and relegated to side-character at best so it was nice to be able to give one the spotlight for a change. Agumon and Palmon have had their chance.

• Locked thread