Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh man, DW3. I'm a giant Digimon fan and I'll say this outright: the only good Digimon games are Rumble Arena and Digital Card Battle (and I've heard Cyber Sleuth is good but I can't play it). This? This is not a good game. This is something that gets close to a good game, and then screws up massively and becomes nearly unplayable. It has one of the worst exp curves I've ever seen, which is 100% of the time against the player, with several extreme difficulty spikes that the game expects you to beat through tedious grinding because nothing, nothing, gives good exp.

I can confirm that Cyber Sleuth is a good game (provided that you know how to cut grinding down by about 95%). Coincidentally PlatinumNumemon is part of how you do that.

This game always seemed really cool because of the amount of Digimon that you could get and you didn't have to keep on raising them every couple of hours because the little idiot somehow poo poo all of its nutrients. The way that the techniques worked where you can swap them in and out added to wanting to get as many Digimon as possible to have a varied team.

But getting down to the real issue, what's the over-under on Yeti calling it quits because the game such a grinding mess? I'd set it just after gym 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Even if you reduce the grinding Cyber Sleuth has a huge problem with how it handles the evolutions. You need to meet super specific stats and conditions, some of which are literally impossible to meet on all the things that can potentially evolve into the one you want without min/max bullshit that takes IRL hours of waiting to accomplish due to the really stupid farm mechanic. This is all because every digimon has a set max stat cap and at best you can give them like 25 bonus points from the farm or something. It's just really annoying considering the predecessors to this let you grind digimon to 999 in every stat if you really wanted, so it means using anything but the highest form available to you is just crippling your team's fighting strength. But they kept the degenerating level cap raising bullshit even though there's no actual stat gains from it after a certain point for most digimon. Also the attack variety is kind of terrible, not that you generally use anything besides your digimon's signature attacks in most cases anyway. :shrug: It just feels like a step back from Dusk/Dawn in nearly every way in terms of gameplay and that's really disappointing.

That is a fair criticism (but there is only one Digimon that has to be done this way) and I will admit that I was salty when after de-evolving a Digimon and its stats were the same as it was before with the only changes due to training. Speaking of training, the training in this game is luck based and you have a limited resource to train so if you roll poorly then you it's either reload or stay with the less than great stats.

lezard_valeth posted:

None that I know of, but PAL version has a postgame with some extra stuff to do.

There is an item that doesn't always activate, fishing isn't infinite without leave the screen and you can't do more that 9999 damage a turn in Pal. These are just a few of the differences.

• Locked thread