Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

mandatory lesbian posted:

i love this game but everytime someone on the forums tries to lp it or any digimon world game they die after like 5 updates

good luck

Digimon World and Digimon World 2 are in the archives. I also finished an awful LP of Dusk if just to prove that I am terminally unfunny :shrug:. I think the sheer amount of text and grinding in these games is probably what makes a lot of them die.

Anyway;

Son Ryo posted:

I like the look of the Power pack, and I second Kite for the name.

Might as well hop aboard the popular name bandwagon. Also Agumon has the coolest evolutions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

mateo360 posted:

So Yu-Gi-Oh and digimon world 3. You know what you both need to do after those then right :unsmigghh:

There used to be an LP of it on the archives, it's gone now. :(

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ephraim225 posted:

What happened to it, anyways? Images all disappeared?

Anyways, you're all gonna vote for the maniac pack for obvious reasons so I may as well go with the crowd.

No, I think it was just pruned from the archive along with a few others for reasons.

Chimera-gui posted:

Technically speaking, Numemon's a slug with its Type even being Mollusk. There's even a snail variant of it called KaratsukiNumemon:

Numemon has the best line ever;

The king of the poop snails.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Blue Ghost posted:

I can confirm that Cyber Sleuth is a good game (provided that you know how to cut grinding down by about 95%). Coincidentally PlatinumNumemon is part of how you do that.

Even if you reduce the grinding Cyber Sleuth has a huge problem with how it handles the evolutions. You need to meet super specific stats and conditions, some of which are literally impossible to meet on all the things that can potentially evolve into the one you want without min/max bullshit that takes IRL hours of waiting to accomplish due to the really stupid farm mechanic. This is all because every digimon has a set max stat cap and at best you can give them like 25 bonus points from the farm or something. It's just really annoying considering the predecessors to this let you grind digimon to 999 in every stat if you really wanted, so it means using anything but the highest form available to you is just crippling your team's fighting strength. But they kept the degenerating level cap raising bullshit even though there's no actual stat gains from it after a certain point for most digimon. Also the attack variety is kind of terrible, not that you generally use anything besides your digimon's signature attacks in most cases anyway. :shrug: It just feels like a step back from Dusk/Dawn in nearly every way in terms of gameplay and that's really disappointing.

Blaze Dragon posted:

And with all of that said...Yeti, why the hell are you not playing the PAL version? You won't be able to actually complete the game
:eyepop: I assume this is a spoiler of some kind, but if possible could you elaborate? This is the only Digimon World game I've never really played for more than an hour and I would love to know what kind of gamebreaking glitch this one has. These games don't seem to have much luck when it comes to bugs.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Waterfall of Salt posted:

As much as I have nostalgia for this game, I would actually have to agree with this statement.

Cyber Sleuth's real good, you guys

I'm more partial to dusk and dawn, really. They were games that let you grind at your own pace and the grid system of the battle field was fun, it's just a shame they didn't make the most out of it. The Japanese only sequel Lost Evolution was pretty great. I've already detailed my grievances with Cyber Sleuth but I just can not let this go :negative: the game has more jacking in and out of the internet than a battle network game, and at least every time you had to run to some random vending machine or whatever in those games you didn't also have to fly through a tube of random encounters to get into the internet proper. I also found the difficulty curve way too stop and go because until you got some platinum numemon there weren't many good places to grind doubly so since you couldn't revisit dungeons until so much later than the exp there was worthless. Also it's hosed up that wargreymon is legit better than omnimon in that game, the defences and weaknesses/strengths scale ridiculously. I really wanted to like Cyber Sleuth too.

giver336 posted:

I demand a recount.

I agree with giver :colbert: what kind of fool didn't vote for agumon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

GeneralYeti posted:

Mistakes might have been made in the... three events leading up to that situation.

Was mistake number one p laying Digimon World 3?

• Locked thread