Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Digimon Cyber Sleuth might be the first ever good digimon videogame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Well, ok, I lied, there's also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vli0jcfAO3M

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Chimera-gui posted:

Hey! Frontier's premise wasn't the problem, the problem was the writing issues! :mad:

it was stupid because it reduced the number of characters with no benefit to the writing

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oh yeah and the premise sucked because digimon were cool and there aren't any

i'm going off my impressions as a kid here but i remember thinking some dude who throws fire was a million times less cool than having a pet big-rear end dinosaur

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Chimera-gui posted:

Except that, as stated earlier, the cast were essentially merging with the remnants of their dead partners to become Digimon themselves. Hell the finale even showed original Legendary Warriors, the ones who died prior to the series, resurrected as the human Hybrid forms and talking to their respective partners before returning the kids to the human world.

haha yeah that's exactly the same as having an awesome dinosaur for a pet, if you don't think about it at all

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

Man I might actually be tempted to do that but I doubt there's really much intriguing gameplay past the first few cities.

Honestly finding a good Digimon game to LP without sacrificing your soul is basically limited to like... Cyber Sleuth, and you probably need a good recording setup for that.

ive got a recording setup that would indeed work for that but i can barely finish a short game lp so :shrug:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Kemix posted:

I'm gonna be short. Sweet. And to the point here Fioner. Don't poo poo up this thread like you did Giver's please. There's a reason you "earned" that avatar combo there. Much like I earned mine.

For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

And again, I have to wonder why they bothered to do practically everything the Pokemon RPGs were doing in this game aside from a form of fast travel that wasn't tedious.

ps1 rpgs were expected to be a hundred hours long and they pretty much always did it with padding

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

is the mg supposed to stand for MEGAMI

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Please do Digimon World Next Order next thx

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

guilmon is the best digimon friend

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Never play dw2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Kemix posted:

No, it's still better than this. Actually came up with an interesting premise for the game.

never play any Digimon World

• Locked thread