Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Hm, and here I was thinking of suggesting Giver336 and Power

I'll go with DumbYeti though

Unless voting is up, Timezones are weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I am fully justified from this LP in my love of Digimon World 2. I also say that game had the better twist, which is technically the opposite twist of this game. That rather than the MMO actually turning out to be legit, but the world you thought was real was actually just an MMO/research test bed/it's not quite clear?

It aint perfect, but it's better than World 3.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

SkyTalon2314 posted:

I've been rereading the LP of that on the Archive. That game is a bit of a hot mess (that doesn't come all the way through in just screen shots). Though, THIS game is on the level of poo poo like Superman 64, or Jurassic Park: Trespasser. Less in the 'obvious Alpha' way and more in the, 'what the gently caress were they THINKING?' way, which is arguably worse. The formers you could argue could've been good games if they were finished. This... this is just completely inexcusable.

Like... World 2 to me was an interesting "How about a Dungeon Crawler Digimon game?" and for the most part it kinda pulls it off. Don't get me wrong. Young me had no idea square called the item list to give gifts. That process in general is bullshitty. You have nowhere near enough EN or Bits, and the DNA evolution gets grindy as hell. Also the Bugs and Traps being painful since you need to buy Ammunition and some dungeon layouts become impenetrable, due to it.

But all that said, those are things that can easily be fixed by an in-game tutorial, locking proper rules and mechanics for Digimon recruitment, increasing EN for engines and Bits for buying stuff and then putting in curved EXP growth. Making Ammo and Bugzapper stored separate to the inventory and from there, with the increased Bits, buying upgrades no longer becomes a hellish task.

Like you said, it's an obvious Alpha... and then they never made the full game. But on principle, I find it far better because the game, at all points, makes it loving CLEAR where you're supposed to go, by lightning up the dungeons you're meant to go into. Having the Guard Tamers to flat out say "Go do this"

I can't remember any point in which they say "Welp, nothing for it." I think there's one dungeon on File Island that says "You need upgraded sensors to see in here.' but getting said Sensors I remember being part of natural progression.

I would love to see an updated sequel for it. More than another monster-raiser.

EDIT: Oh, and if I have a maxed out Bug Sweeper/Mine Sweeper, I should loving be able to see them all. If you're going to have a "Return Bug" which sends your Digimon back to the city and permanently alter your Party. I should not have to hope it's not there when I have a maxed sensor.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 22, 2016

• Locked thread