Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I'd argue that Digimon World 1 is good. It has a very clear idea of what it wants to be, and hits the nail on the head in that regard. The only problem is most people aren't going to want a PSX Tamagotchi game, or find it very fun. Its a good game, its just very niche. The fighting game for the Gamecube was pretty fun too, in addition to Rumble Arena. Cyber Sleuth is good though, you should get that if you haven't. Not without problems, but still really good.

Digimon World 3, much as I love it, is resoundingly meh. Its basically your standard JRPG with a coat of digimon paint. Which isn't strictly bad considering what Worlds 1 and 2 were, but still not really stellar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Cyber Sleuth was a good game. Had its issues, but was a step up from most digimon games.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Veemon, Renamon, Kotemon, stop using Counter Crest

Summing up every battle as "could be tricky if not for BROKEN" isn't the most interesting thing to read, and some of the boss fights later do have gimmicks and tricks to show off.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I know its irritating in context, but I give Digimon credit for actually using and acknowledging their palette swaps. They were originally used as encounter fodder in the first Digimon World, but since then have actually stuck around. Psychemon, a purple recolor of Gabumon, was even a partner digimon in one of the recent anime.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

DjinnAndTonic posted:

It feels like there could be a good game in here but instead they drowned it in bullshit and backtracking.

That's probably the best way to summarize Digimon video games as a whole. Almost good, if not for all the tedious.

Except Cyber Sleuth. Cyber Sleuth is just genuinely good.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Blind Sally did an LP of some weird jrpg a while back. Something to do with clocks and giant space ticks or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Blackunknown posted:

I don't even.......

Yes, I loving love this thing. This is absolutely the occasion to bust out Psythulhu.

• Locked thread