Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
We're going with the Manic pack to appease Giver and we'll go with Bard just because I've been reading the A Bard's Tale LP on the archives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Yeti confirmed racist against people that are giver.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

dis astranagant posted:

For the most part your spoiler just digivolves you to your next natural form instantly for a few turns and also lets you use that form's finisher for free. it's also a full hp/mp heal. poo poo gets weird past level 40 It's really strong sometimes but annoying to set up.

The spoilered mechanic is nice when it activates, but it's really hard to actually use effectively. It's like FF9's Trance Mechanic. Where once it's full, gently caress you if you're against a trash mob, it goes off IMMEDIATELY, you don't get the choice to fill it out and them launch it against a boss, you gotta meticulously fill it up ALMOST to full, THEN fight the boss and hope it's enough if you're completely underleveled. I remember my Patamon going into Magna Angemon and completely ripped a boss to shreds for the time it lasted. Felt good man.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Hey, Yeti! You forgot to get a couple key items which let you do poo poo! Unless you intend to show them off later. They were towards the beach behind the Gym and down...East? West?...Weast? Whatever that direction is! Even if the mons down there would be able to kick your rear end.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Ephraim225 posted:

Even worse than that, he might have to actually bother with the card game in the PAL version.

Eh. The card game isn't THAT bad in DW3. Just VERY, very VEEEERY tedious.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Things are going smoothly in Yeti town it seems :v:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Nuebot posted:

Was mistake number one p laying Digimon World 3?

No, that's mistake 0. Mistake 1 was letting the goons vote on the digimon pack to use. Mistake number 4 is him not using a cheat code to increase XP gains.

Kemix fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jul 23, 2016

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
God I had a ton of trouble fighting Apokarimon-Lite the first time I played this. It was one of my first RPGs (FF9, Chrono Cross, Pokemons Blue/Yellow and Golden Sun being some of my first ones as well), needless to say I survived the fight by the skin of my teeth and limped back to Seiryu City right afterwards to heal. I didn't exactly get the "concept" of grinding until the early-mid 2000s.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
And thus everyone who high-fived Renamon died, the end.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

ApplesandOranges posted:

Counter Crest alleviates a lot of the horrible grinding the game makes you do otherwise. It makes the game so much more playable.

Unfortunately the PAL version killed it with a nuke from orbit, nerfing it's simple existence of breaking the game into the ground.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
For myself, I think it was around...the third or fourth gym leader that I just threw my hands up in the loving air and gave up entirely on DW3 as a whole. I don't remember anything to that point though because I was a kid when I got there. So, all in all, good luck Yeti...god loving knows you'll need it.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Robindaybird posted:

it's definitely a thing Pokemon and Digimon have opposite situations (for the lack of a better world): Pokemon's anime ranges from So bad it's good to just bad, but the games are quite good, while Digimon's Anime is generally good (ignoring Frontier) but the games are pretty bad.

Eh, I'd like to argue that Dawn and Dusk were pretty good all things considered.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'll defend Digital Card Battle until the day I die or I finally give up and start a short-lived LP career with it to make other people defend it for me.

Considering we've had people defend Yugioh Forbidden Memories, I don't doubt people will defend that if you do an LP.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

mateo360 posted:

The Digimon Adventure game for PSP is pretty good. Too bad I can't understand a word anyone is saying besides "shinka" and names.

Might want to look around, there might be a translation patch for it, but it honestly (probably) falls under the :filez: banner.

Edit: Oh thank god, we hit another page, the last one was killing my computer with the sheer number of images on it.

Kemix fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 1, 2016

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Still got another leader to go and a fuckload of plot to deal with. And then Yeti has to boot up the PAL version and show off post-game THERE. Hacking will likely be involved because gently caress replaying the game a second time for that footage.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

giver336 posted:

Replay the game over with Mr. Fuzzums.

Shut up giver. Requesting Yeti ignore all of Giver''s votes! :v:

Anyways. Renamon, Monmon, Veemon Because lets be honest, it's gonna be a rough grind session ahead of you no matter what you do here.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Waterfall of Salt posted:

(Also since you're playing 3 and not 2003, is there really any point to this team configuration, since you can't access the post game anyway?)

I think at some point Yeti said something about doing post game on a different (most likely hacked) file to show it off when it gets to that point

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

GeneralYeti posted:

Let me tell you about Digimon World 4 :v: (gently caress that game. I've been wanting to redo my LP of it a la Fedule's Crystal Chronicles LP, but that requires I 1) have friends and 2) have friends that are willing to play the game with me.)

I'll be your friend and play it with you...not like I have anything better to do with my time :v:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Fionordequester posted:

I didn't mean to offend you or anything :( . The BOLD CAPS was done that way to emphasize how wild the idea probably sounded, not that you're an idiot for not doing it.

I'm gonna be short. Sweet. And to the point here Fioner. Don't poo poo up this thread like you did Giver's please. There's a reason you "earned" that avatar combo there. Much like I earned mine.

Kemix fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 18, 2016

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Fish Noise posted:

A question, if I may.

Why does the cyborg centaur Helghast have a butthole?

That's his exhaust port you racist! >:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Glazius posted:

I can see how they were trying to differentiate the Bug Maze from the rest of the game.

Unfortunately, bullshit isn't really different from bullshit.

This isn't your normal everyday bullshit. This is...Advanced Bullshit.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

giver336 posted:

I'm an rear end

Try playing it for yourself mister. I can tell you what, it's a painful grind. Oh wait, you know that already mister " king of games". When were you gonna archive that LP again? :v:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Jesus christ. I think I reached the circuit boards in my playthrough. Then again, I had the strategy guide right next to me the entire loving time.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Time to load up your digimons with digidrugs for digibattles to digiwin!

...I...I'll leave now...:suicide:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
For those of you who wanna take Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth a spin, it's on sale on PSN. 18$ for PS4 and 12$ for the Vita version.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Is there a shark Digimon? Has the plot jump over it yet?

I thought the plot jumped the shark twenty hours ago!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Wiffle posted:

The any% speedrun is 'only' 7:22 hours, and heavily abuses that counter attack accessory that was banned partway through this LP. So I imagine that levelling up all the digimon takes well over a hundred hours of grinding....
I feel bad for any kids that tried to change their team partway through the game.

Seriously, the game's bad enough about EXP, no real reason to change up the group unless you have a SERIOUSLY bad party.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

GeneralYeti posted:

I have a (very crappy!) LP of Digimon World 4 on the LP archive, actually. Go ahead and check it out, but it was my first LP ever and it's horrible in pretty much every way. I've been meaning to redo it, but that would mean I need to A) get the equipment to LP it, and B) find three people dumb enough to LP it with me.

I'd be willing to suffer help with that.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Agumon, Renamon becuse

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
It's quite amazing how much bullshit the devs can put into one chain of events.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
WHAT THE gently caress IS EVEN THIS loving GAME!? Also good job devs on putting the POINT OF NO loving RETURN WHERE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO GO WITHOUT A SIMPLE TEXT BOX SAYING THAT IT'S THE POINT OF NO RETURN AND ALSO GIVING YOU ACCESS TO THE loving BLACK MARKET ONLY TO loving TAKE IT AWAY THE NEXT loving PLOT HOOK BECAUSE gently caress YOU. I...I...:negative::psyduck::negative:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Waterfall of Salt posted:

Actually the airdramon sequence is completely optional. If you go to the other center when everyone returns back to pigs you completely skip the black market

That's arguably even loving worse. WHY?!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

SectumSempra posted:

I think whats even shittier is If i'm not mistaken, the US version not only has no postgame, but is stuck in this state of everyone in the game being pigs besides like divermon before the last boss fight.

So enjoy card island, or just turn the game off.

It's a lovely game with some charming parts, but most of the charm is in the first half and it makes a lot of sense why I usually stopped playing midway through in all attempts to replay.

EU got the version with an actual Post Game in it. Digimon 2003. So. Yea. gently caress US, enjoy your pigification~

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I give Galacticmon and the final boss theme some credit. But...what the loving poo poo was with the end-game and the loving final dungeon. I mean, for christ sakes.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Haifisch posted:

That reminds me of the .hack//games. "OK, we all know The World has a crisis that sends random players into comas every so often, but THIS time will be fine. :downs:"

Same thing happens with loving Sword Art Online's ending. And Kirito being basically god. That anime was such loving a wish ful-loving-fillment series it hurt.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

dont be mean to me posted:

At least now we know that America didn't get the post-game because quite frankly this game doesn't deserve a post-game.

Lets...just hope Yeti isn't crazy enough to grab a file to do the Post game of 2003. Because, jesus gently caress this game

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Haifisch posted:

I'd ask where the hell the postgame could even go, but it's not like the plot has made sense anyway. :shepface:

CARD GAMES ON DIGIMON!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

corn in the bible posted:

Please do Digimon World Next Order next thx

I'd rather him play Cyber Sleuth instead, but we gotta let Yeti absorb the compressed bullshit that is 2003

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

BioEnchanted posted:

I was into CyberSleuth as soon as I saw that one of the starters was Hagurumon Picked him immediately and never looked back.

Early-game breaking over your knee? Sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

No, it's still better than this. Actually came up with an interesting premise for the game.

• Locked thread