Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

vols bitch posted:

the weed is the tool of the devil

It is funny how weed can make a certain subset of the population to go on rants about the devil and then never remember anything of the sort when sober again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

objects in mirror posted:

It wasn't state congressmen actually but the people themselves via a ballot initiative. No state has legalized weed via state legislature, it's all been ballot measures.

Ah. In Texas we just had a legalization measure get out of committee and all the republicans are promising that it's a nonstarter.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Buncha goddamn libertarians itt

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Spidder posted:

Euro Countries that have legalize it are doing absolutely fine, have a great economy, excellent education, and low crime. It came naturaly to them as it should. Other countries are full of fascists and retards.

and others havent. It isn't an EU thing. You can still get locked up for a long time for having some weed in Europe

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

j/k 420 legalize brah

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Spidder posted:

Other countries are full of fascists and retards.

So's the EU.

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
its 2016 so lmao if u dont smoke cannabis for migraines and back injuries from petting dogs and lifting heavy objects

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

thc is a neuroprotectant and prevents brain cell death, meaning you get stupider over time if you don't smoke weed

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
this is hell reality

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I think people should be allowed to smoke drugs

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Shaquin posted:

this is hell reality

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

Actually it cures cancer

Oh dope there's a squirrel nearby!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

fakiebeanplant posted:

Actually it cures cancer

No it doesn't you loving moron.
It helps with the pain.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine

Nathilus posted:

Ah. In Texas we just had a legalization measure get out of committee and all the republicans are promising that it's a nonstarter.

Yea so much for liberty and personal freedom. :rolleyes:

In Massachusetts the ballot measure (which qualified for a vote in November) is being opposed vigorously by the republican governor and democratic mayor of Boston in a bipartisan effort of prudery.

After the West Coast it looks like it's going to be New England that will constitute the new block of regional legal states.

What really pisses me off is that my region (the DC/Maryland/VA hub) could have benefited marvelously from DC's legalization effort, but full implementation of the passed ballot measure was blocked by Republicans in Congress by attaching "riders" to budget legislation that needed to be passed. So in DC it's legal to possess, grow, and give away, but it's illegal to sell so it's still a headache in terms of logistics and affordability to get some weed.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
the biggest opposers of legal weed is the medical dispensary conmen

what you want is decriminalization, not some cockamamie "tax man" legalization that creates a whole new class of criminals (likely home growers)

we dont need special laws for people who want to grow tomatoes or peppers at home

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I loving LOVE WEED.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Here's a cool weed/christmas themed thing!

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I am 100% certain marijuana will be legalized in the US in the coming years.

Because as the government gets more corrupt, as more jobs are shipped overseas, as paychecks get smaller and we start seeing individual trillionaires, as there are mass extinctions and the sea levels rise, etc. etc., the people will need to be placated.

Like gay marriage. It makes the working class shlubs happy and let's the government and its corporate owners march ever-upward toward complete control.

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It helps with the pain.

Are you ok?
hit this brooooo

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

if you legalize weed then nerds will be able to buy it online and as a cool guy im opposed to that

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Yeah right you can't even buy liquor online in most places. And that upsets me greatly.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
im thurgood jingletokes

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

the great deceiver posted:

im thurgood jingletokes

lol u were born cause ur parents did it without protection on new years

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

fakiebeanplant posted:

Are you ok?
hit this brooooo

it helps with pain in different than opioids do

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
it does not cure cancer

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Nooner posted:

lol u were born cause ur parents did it without protection on new years

when i was a kid i found a vhs of playboys playmate of the month november 1986 and it wasnt until years later i had the horrifying realization about what it was prob used for lmao

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

had my first j/o to that vid, good times

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Just got a new job so now I can break my fast, drug screening is the dumbest thing ever since weed is the only thing it's going to detect unless you're a loving moron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABc8ciT5QLs

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.

reallivedinosaur posted:

the biggest opposers of legal weed is the medical dispensary conmen

what you want is decriminalization, not some cockamamie "tax man" legalization that creates a whole new class of criminals (likely home growers)

we dont need special laws for people who want to grow tomatoes or peppers at home

I'm more worried about it being rescheduled and pharmaceutical companies loving everyone over. Like this joint? It's a pfizer. Only $12,000. Oh, you rolled your own? Felony. Here, enjoy this pill from Merck, it's thc and dilaudid!

I'm just hoping for decriminalization too.

K9
May 6, 2007

the great deceiver posted:

im thurgood jingletokes

im buddy jingletokes #kinte

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

I'm more worried about it being rescheduled and pharmaceutical companies loving everyone over. Like this joint? It's a pfizer. Only $12,000. Oh, you rolled your own? Felony. Here, enjoy this pill from Merck, it's thc and dilaudid!

I'm just hoping for decriminalization too.

American health car is the worst

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
There are more important issues for President Trump to get to first.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
its going to be legal in canada soon, the pretty man promised us

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It helps with the pain.

your right, its alzheimer's that weed actually cures:
http://www.alzheimers.net/6-15-15-effects-of-medical-marijuana-on-alzheimers/

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
smoking weed makes you high lol

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Ban marijuana

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

traditional alzheimers treatment is done with organophosphates, which is what nerve gasses like vx and sarin are

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

objects in mirror posted:

What really pisses me off is that my region (the DC/Maryland/VA hub) could have benefited marvelously from DC's legalization effort, but full implementation of the passed ballot measure was blocked by Republicans in Congress by attaching "riders" to budget legislation that needed to be passed. So in DC it's legal to possess, grow, and give away, but it's illegal to sell so it's still a headache in terms of logistics and affordability to get some weed.

I hope it ends up on the ballot this year in MD. You'd think that with all this push to end the opiate epidemic in the state they'd legalize weed so that all the people OD'ing on pills could have a nonlethal alternative to painkillers.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

lol if you dont smoke weed erryday like just lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

What if you eat weed everyday?

• Locked thread