Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
Why are so many people opposed and what can we do to convince them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
One thing I love is how the people who prefer prohibition keep trotting out the old "protect children" rallying cry, as if they implicitly concede that they have no rational argument for why ADULTS shouldn't have the legal right to partake of cannabis.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
When weed is legal I will add weed to my burgers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUeMdLNLci0

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine

Nathilus posted:

I disagree. My argument is basically: naw, colorado state congressmen might still gently caress filipino callboys but they voted yes to weed. Not true faggotry.

It wasn't state congressmen actually but the people themselves via a ballot initiative. No state has legalized weed via state legislature, it's all been ballot measures.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
At the end of the year these states could have legal weed in addition to the current four (Alaska, Colorado, Washington, Oregon):

California
Nevada
Arizona
Massachusetts
Maine

They will be voting straight up for legalization via ballot measures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine

Nathilus posted:

Ah. In Texas we just had a legalization measure get out of committee and all the republicans are promising that it's a nonstarter.

Yea so much for liberty and personal freedom. :rolleyes:

In Massachusetts the ballot measure (which qualified for a vote in November) is being opposed vigorously by the republican governor and democratic mayor of Boston in a bipartisan effort of prudery.

After the West Coast it looks like it's going to be New England that will constitute the new block of regional legal states.

What really pisses me off is that my region (the DC/Maryland/VA hub) could have benefited marvelously from DC's legalization effort, but full implementation of the passed ballot measure was blocked by Republicans in Congress by attaching "riders" to budget legislation that needed to be passed. So in DC it's legal to possess, grow, and give away, but it's illegal to sell so it's still a headache in terms of logistics and affordability to get some weed.

• Locked thread