Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

Kuroko's Basketball is NOT a sports anime, but in fact a superpower battles show.

Kuroko has more hype moments than straight up Shounen shows. The sports drama aspect is lacking but the "powers" are so cool and production IG did such a great job animating this series. It looks great and is super fast/fluid like a real basket ball match. I like sports but Basketball isn't really my thing but this show made me appreciate it even though its really realistic u still get a sense of teamwork etc...

Another great sport series is Yowamushi Pedal. There is 3rd season coming out next year or in Fall not sure. Great anime that shows all the facets of competitive cycling. How a cycling team operates during a race is really fascinating. Each member of the team has a role and section of the race where they can win it for their team. The team works together to protect their main guy by letting him just follow them and be fresh for the final part of the race. This sports anime isn't shouneny, its quite realistic even though the ending of the 2nd season is a bit too much too soon imo. It's a realistic but also very entertaining. It doesn't make up stuff to keep u entertained but explains all the amazing things cycling has. Although there is one character who basically controls the weather and its quite stupid because no one else has anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Btw is Days more like a traditional sports anime with mostly focused on the sport and drama or like is it more shounen with super powers like Eyeshield or Kuroko no Basket?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

devtesla posted:

Yowamushi Pedal is great! And what he have so far ends at a very good spot, but it's popular enough that they're actually doing another season.

It doesn't have the same kind of relationship drama that Haikyuu is very good at, but there's a bunch of great characters and most of their race strategies are awesomely brutal. It's not as well animated, but it does start looking a lot better in the second season which is cool. Also: every episode has a jokey after credits scene which owns.

So yea, less BROODING more PEDALING UNTIL YOU'RE HALF DEAD.

I know I am in the very small miniority but I feel like Haiykuu is seriously overhyped. It is good but its not among the greatest animes as some people pretend it to be. Also the motifs of birds representings teams gets hammered on for so much during the first season its annoying.

Yowamushi Pedal is a really fun show to watch and is the opposite of Haikyuu. Even though its good there isn't a huge fanbase or hype around it because it doesn't lend itself to super hype or gif animation moments like Haikyuu. Yowamushi is more about tension of the race than super clutch hype moments. You get some of those with Midousuji and Onoda but its mostly about the flow of the race.

Maybe season 2 of Haikyuu will change my mind.

I been actually watching Inazuma Eleven the anime which is based on the DS game by Level5. So far the best way to describe it would be its like Eyeshield or Kuroko in the sense that everyone has insane powers and thats totally normal to everyone. One of the differences is that the kids are probably in middle school. Its about soccer and everyone has batshit crazy powers. The main character is the goalkeeper and he has the ability God Hand which basically can block any shot. There is all these cool effects for everyones abilities. I feel like its even more out there than Kuroko which was already shouneny as hell. It is for a younger audience. If you watched Yugioh/Pokemon/Digimon and don't mind some of the simpler storytelling its actually still very entertaning because of all the crazy abilities. I just started watching it but there is poo poo tons of seasons for this show even though I had never heard of it. It must have been popular. Oh also it is done by OLM who made great masterpieces such as Pokemon and the old Berserk anime.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya I totally agree with that. Sometimes even though they try to push the fact that they are riding at a super high speed you barely notice them advance or pedal fast(in animation). Thats why the best parts are when there is 1v1 races toward the end of a checkpoint or race.

• Locked thread