Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Charlie Bobson posted:

Haikyu is the loving best

:yeah:

Anyway my question at the end of the last thread never got answered so here it is again:
At the end of the month CR is retiring Dear Boys which is an early 2000s basketball anime. It looks really dated and low-budget but is it worth trying to marathon before they take it down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol it's going on my list

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rookies indeed owns, I was bored today and started reading it. Haven't actually started any baseball yet, still in the delinquent fighting part but that's cool because I love that kind of stuff too.

e: finally got to the baseball part

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 19, 2016

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's great that the vice principal actually turns out to be a pretty cool guy, watching him come around from his initial first impression was great. The principal coming around was good too but not as satisfying because he'd been too much of a villain for most of it and then just kinda turns on a dime, it wasn't the same kind of gradual warming up from watching over them that the other guy had.

shiiiiit I have work to do I have to stop reading this and can't

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 19, 2016

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I sorely neglected both work and sleep to do it but I finished Rookies and it was loving fantastic.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Srice posted:

I'd compare its methodology more akin to Akagi than anything else. Especially given the same people worked on both anime adaptions, so there's a lot of similarities in how it's executed.

yeah that's what it felt more like to me.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
There is actually a really good sports story in KnB but it's the side plot with Kiyoshi that mostly comes out in the second season.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I prefer binging sport shows in general. No waiting on cliffhanger endings and it makes the drawn-out scenes more tolerable since you're not also stretching them out with a week's wait in between.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Devil Tesla posted:

I'm so loving excited you have no idea.

:same:

I've watched that PV probably a dozen times and still get chills, I hope the whole show is animated like that and they don't cheap out

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Next season is the season of rugby butts

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

K. Flaps posted:

Satoru Noda did an ice hockey manga before Golden Kamuy, but nobody's translating it.

this is a travesty

• Locked thread