Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

jon joe posted:

I'm pretty sure "sports anime" is just shorthand for "actually interesting anime"

There are lots of interesting non-sports anime,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Why do people care so much if there's a teen in their anime?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Inadequately posted:

So with all the sports anime airing this season, I've been getting more interested in the genre. What are some of the must-watch classics, both the over-the-top shonen battle kind and the realistic, more grounded kind?

Also since no one has mentioned it yet I'm going to recommend one of my personal favourites, Rookies. Sports anime/manga isn't my usual jam, but delinquent manga is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Ring ni Kakero for the shonen battle and Ashita no Joe for grounded realism. Maybe read the Ashita no Joe manga instead, the anime is pretty slow paced for awhile

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

demota posted:

Anything that's really stupid/goofy/insane and also a team sport? I'm looking for something along the lines of Yu-Gi-Oh. I know Inazuma Eleven is like that, but that's no longer on Hulu so I dunno how to get that.

Not a team sport but Ring ni Kakero.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

what should i watch now that i have finished haikyuu. and please dont say chihayafuru because ive already started that

Looks like you've answered your own question

• Locked thread