Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I just finished Haikyuu S2 14 and oh goodness, it's matches all the way down from here and into the new season starting next week. I'm pumped! No more training montages or high school drama interludes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

High school drama interludes? I remember Haikyuu being volleyball 24/7

There was a segment where Yachi was new to the team and that felt more highschool-esque, and also the whole segment about studying for exams.

Not to my tastes, but they were well-done and it segued into the training camp which was a fun arc, and now it's time for all of that training to pay off! :D

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Since I'm all caught up on Haikyuu, and still have a bit of a hankering for sports anime, how is Yowamushi Pedals? I've heard it's good, but a) is this true and b) does it end on a good conclusion? Or is it like Haikyuu where I'm going to finish it and instantly need more of it, because Haikyuu S2 ends with a "TBC in S3!"

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

devtesla posted:

Yowamushi Pedal is great! And what he have so far ends at a very good spot, but it's popular enough that they're actually doing another season.

It doesn't have the same kind of relationship drama that Haikyuu is very good at, but there's a bunch of great characters and most of their race strategies are awesomely brutal. It's not as well animated, but it does start looking a lot better in the second season which is cool. Also: every episode has a jokey after credits scene which owns.

So yea, less BROODING more PEDALING UNTIL YOU'RE HALF DEAD.

Brilliant! I'll check it out, thank you! I'm so happy there's so much good modern sports anime. :3:

e: Yowamushi Pedal is definitely not as good as Haikyuu, but it's so charming I'm having fun anyways. Just finished the third episode and I'm looking forward to future races!

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 13, 2016

• Locked thread