Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

I just finished Haikyuu S2 14 and oh goodness, it's matches all the way down from here and into the new season starting next week. I'm pumped! No more training montages or high school drama interludes!

You're in for a treat. Haikyuu is one of those shows that just keeps getting better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

Either I suck at looking or there really arent any anime/manga about ice hockey, lacrosse or curling. That is depressing. :(

There's Baggataway for lacrosse manga but only about 20 chapters have been translated.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

FutureCop posted:

My roommate is really into baseball and we came across this one while looking for a good 'realistic' (no superpowers, just strategy) baseball anime. However, after giving it the three episode test, my roommate deemed it unnecessary to watch further as he was so incensed by the coach's insistence to destroy the MC's finely-tuned accuracy in order to make him "throw harder". I hope I'm remembering this correctly, but basically, he was on the catcher's side, in that the tactical advantage the MC provided through his accuracy was worth preserving.

My question is, does this get explained reasonably? You say it is by a sports psychologist, so I imagine there has to be a good reason the coach pushed the pitcher like that which the audience isn't allowed to be privy to at first for the sake of being dramatically cryptic. Just curious as I think a lot of things can get a bad rap at first glance.

Reminds me of moments in Hajime no Ippo or Eyeshield where the coaches get really racist at times, but it's still worth it to keep reading for the other parts. I still need to go back and give Ballroom e Youkoso another shot because I left off at a point where it looked to be getting really sexist and degrading and I wasn't sure how to take it.

Sort of. Part of the problem is that he really does throw very slow. It's also because just having accurate pitching doesn't necessarily make it hard to hit. At some point they'll have to face batters who will hit him easily regardless of how clever the catcher is. I don't want to explain too much because it might spoil the show, but they go into the mechanics of things quite a bit. I'd definitely give it another go, it's in my top tier of sports anime.

• Locked thread