Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Baby Steps was really good; I like how they spared no animation budget for people's faces so they could do the matches well.

Just started watching Ace of the Diamond. I love finding these shows after they've aired and there's a load of episodes to marathon.

Wikiman posted:

I can't wait for Chihayafuru and Haikyuu to start airing again. Those two are really amazing. I might try Battery out in the meantime.

Also yeah Teppu loving rules and y'all should read it.

Battery Ep 1 did not sell me on it, post if you watch more and like it.

Also, I know Haikyuu is starting up again, but I had no idea another season of Chihayafuru was in the works! You have a source on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

smenj posted:

I think they were just hoping it starts again, rather than knowing it would. There's apparently enough manga for them to do another season now, but it's not happened yet, nor has it been announced that it'll be happening. Madhouse did the first two seasons, so they'd likely be doing a third if one was announced.

I thought that might be the case, didn't want to get my hopes up :(

Ace of the Diamond ended up being pretty weird - Sawamura is a decoy protagonist that lingers for the whole show. It's almost like the author lost interest in him, but had to keep him in the series because of its popularity.

UnderFreddy posted:

Unfortunately a lot of those episodes, especially the matches, have loads of filler. Like they sometimes spend an entire episode looking at each other and being surprised and talking about how difficult striking out this person in. I remember an episode where the pitcher only threw 1 pitch. It sucked a lot to watch weekly, but might be better when you're binging.

Only benefit is that when you're binging it you can skip through it. It was a while before I realized how much of the backstory for antagonists was inconsequential though.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Fabricated posted:

Sawamura is basically a mirror image of some Japanese pitcher that's in the MLB now whose name I can't recall- a dude with a natural pitching form who throws everything but heat.

The way I interpret the story is that basically, Furuya is one of those guys who is poo poo-hot in high school baseball because he's tall, strong, and can throw heat where Sawamura is the guy who needs a lot more work to shine but ultimately has far more potential as a pro.

I think the series' over all arc will be him slowly overtaking Furuya as the team's real ace.

This makes sense, but the pacing is unfortunate.

Hace posted:

There will never be a third season of Chihayafuru

Reported for hate speech

• Locked thread