Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

When your talking sub .001 clearances on diesel injector pumps, even the poo poo that accumulates on your filler cap and falls into the tank when you open it can absolutely destroy a multiple thousand dollar injector pump.

Petrol engines will run on fuel with twigs and rocks in it compared to the sensitivity that diesels have to lumpy fuel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

CommieGIR posted:

And it will be black oil as soon as you've changed it.

I should pull the dipstick on my cruiser with its 7500km old oil in it for a photo. The better halfs 1.8L tiida had darker oil at the same age.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Apart from having to import parts for it is there anything really STOPPING you rocking the brick shithouse all over Europe?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

I got my toyota turbo diesel to crack north of 700 degrees pre turbo the other day. I swear if it wasnt bright sunshine the turbine housing would probably have been glowing. Gotta love how god drat stout diesels are.