Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That's a massive camper, wow. How much grossness is inside? Every truck-top camper I've ever seen has been basically a crime scene.

Current-generation Rams appear to be optimized primarily for going to the mall.

My brother has a 2016 3500 SRW and it is most definitely not optimized for going to the mall. They're ridiculously powerful and the most I've ever driven or ridden with in it was a 5000lb gooseneck with a 6000lb wood chipper and a 2500lb tractor on it. It felt like an empty trailer. It rides like poo poo with no load. He wishes he had gotten the airbags but the factory option was new that year and didn't include any way to drain the air tank to get rid of moisture (amazing), so he didn't.

That camper is cool as poo poo. Curious if you had any issues with getting it secured down on the flatbed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

rdb posted:

My 2018 3500 has 3 leafs and an overload. I bet the spring pack on donkey looks like it came out of a semi.

And don’t confuse squat with towing capacity.

Not to try to derail, does yours have an "active" bumpstop? As in it's more than a chunk of rubber and is supposed to work with the overload at near max payload? Donkey probably has double the springs, and they're probably shorter and thicker - no compromise for anything but max capacity.

I have a great uncle that still logs (nearing 80) and he basically collected bricknoses. He runs an 89 that he broke the frame in half on. His fix was to get another frame, layer them together, then bolt wherever possible in order to double it up. He uses it to haul a trailer plus the bed full of firewood from where he cuts to his house on a couple nasty trails. Pretty neat truck.. 300, manual, and hasn't been out of 4 lo in 20 years.