Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

numberoneposter posted:

WHY NOT BOTH?!?!?!?!

is that nikki cox?

edit: oh wow she did not age plastic surgery well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
At least makeup has an obvious and instantaneous effect :smith:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Wait, does OP think that muscles are for the ladies?

Muscles are so that other men feel bad about their pencil necks and lack of thighs, OP

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
muscles are for supporting your man better as you lift him up in your strong thick arms and have him blow you upside down

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I can almost do 10 pull ups before my teres major splits apart like a dead branch in a storm.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Decebal posted:

Man, if the Military ever got a hold of that list they could make the super-soldier

Lol go to a gym on any base and you'll see that grunts will find ways to take that stuff all by themselves. CANEX carries protein powder, and the gym is busy all day. That's beside all the guys who are juicing or taking as many not-quite-banned substances as they can.

The Army had to ban Crossfit as an option for PT and discourage guys from doing it on their own time because so many guys were breaking themselves. :canada:

There's a fitness thread in GiP if you want to see what military guys actually do.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Frosted Flake posted:

The Army had to ban Crossfit as an option for PT and discourage guys from doing it on their own time because so many guys were breaking themselves. :canada:

We had a guy who got waaaay too in to Crossfit. Ended up permanently loving up his back.

Crossfit is less healthy than weekly 12 mile ruck marches, apparently.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
There's a place around here that put a crucifixion cross in the CrossFit logo. This proves it's a Christian movement that should not be allowed in government organization such as the military.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Crossfit doesn't require trainers to have an exercise science degree or a background in fitness. You can get Crossfit certified in a week or 2 and open up your own "box" to start loving people up by mid-August if you really want.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzvy_fgxxIQ

Just gonna jump on this bitch's knees...

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Crossfit looks so retarded and dangerous, idk why people do that

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Army PT is stupid and injures people and Crossfit found a way to top that.

Frosted Flake fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 20, 2016

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Actually the cross fit box next to my gym is full of hot dudes and ladies, and the fat guys who join seem to lose a good amount of weight very fast

Meanwhile the fat idiots (me) at the gym make fun of the hot people while never getting particularly bigger (steroid users excepted)

It's very GBS

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Try and watch the Crossfit documentary i dare you

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

There's a crossfit documentary? Is it fairly damning? I feel like it should be.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
crossfit is just powerlifting with a ton of gimmicks piled on top and in the bad gyms, with very bad technique as well

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
take powerlifting then subtract the big weights for big reps done as fast and subsequently poorly as possible and you get crossfit, and basically a lifetime"s worth of repetitive stress injuries in a just a few years

now that's progress you can habeeb in!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Try and watch the Crossfit documentary i dare you

Which one? Can you link a trailer?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

rezatahs posted:

take powerlifting then subtract the big weights for big reps done as fast and subsequently poorly as possible and you get crossfit, and basically a lifetime"s worth of repetitive stress injuries in a just a few years

now that's progress you can habeeb in!

TWINKIE HOUSE!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Some rich froning thing keeps popping up on Netflix or hulu, telling me about the world best dude at exercising ever ever

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Frosted Flake posted:

Which one? Can you link a trailer?

Its on netflix and it's fuckhead cross fitters sniffing their own farts for X minutes

client
Aug 19, 2010

the crossfit gym near me costs $200 a month and is full of hot babes

meanwhile the lovely hole-in-the-wall gym i go to is inhabited solely by fat moms and one guy who barks like DMX while he benches

crossfit seems like a good racket imo

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I went to the gym on lunch break and felt really great afterwards at my idiot sedentary job, I hope women feel the same with makeup because this rules

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i dont care what sport you do but please wear sleeves and a shirt

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Me at the gym

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

i dont care what sport you do but please wear sleeves and a shirt

You want Micheal Phelps to be the "Fat Kid" at the pool?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

You want Micheal Phelps to be the "Fat Kid" at the pool?
BE SLEEVE YOURSELF STRUMPET!!!!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

Well I just snort laughed.
:laffo:

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I'm the weightlifter who uses his physical appearance to mask crippling self-esteem issues, then gets annoyed/mad when someone tells me my hobby/obsession is silly, or not worthy of the time/mental investment.

Yeah. That's me. You wanna fight, retard???

naem
May 29, 2011

Faffel posted:

I'm the weightlifter who uses his physical appearance to mask crippling self-esteem issues, then gets annoyed/mad when someone tells me my hobby/obsession is silly, or not worthy of the time/mental investment.

Yeah. That's me. You wanna fight, retard???

Same except the weightlifting part

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
:ssh: some people just take pride in their health and their body and big surprise life is easier and more fun when you are healthy and fit

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i only go to the gym for the horse play in the showers

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Luvcow posted:

:ssh: some people just take pride in their health and their body and big surprise life is easier and more fun when you are healthy and fit

Yeah and they don't have SA accounts

The only thing I miss about being fit are the old man scrotums

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

numberoneposter posted:

-Creatine Monohydrate. This one is the big gun. The real deal. Load up on creatine and you can win the tour de france.

Doesn't creatine cause the user to shed too much water to be good for endurance atheletes? A lot of runners use thyroid medications to boost hormone levels as an alternative to roids

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i was joking about the creatine jebus save me

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

numberoneposter posted:

i was joking about the creatine jebus save me

Thought so. I like my cyclo cross bike a lot more than my road bike. Gonna get some beer hand ups this fall

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Weird OP, could have fooled me. I guess the women walking up to me asking if I play rugby, touching my chest going "It looks fake it's so big" just don't care about a guy's body. lol. When will people learn, you need a combination of many aspects to land a quality woman, and having a fit, muscular body is right up there for most women but yes I can agree it isn't majorly important that you're shredded like a god, just as long as you're not a fat slob. Money, status, face, hair, height will have more impact, but all are important. At the end of the day if you're worrying about a checklist to land women, then you haven't made it. Who cares what they think, you think they have all these standards once they are past 25? Nope.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Getting strong is dope mainly because it allows you to push poo poo over easier, which is inherently good + cool.

Like I saw this dumb sign to donate to some charity and WHAM lol freaking DEE STROYED

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

numberoneposter posted:

Dang that's beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

i'm stoked for fifteen years down the line when crossfitters bodies are falling apart and paleo dieters are dropping from strokes and heart attacks

"who would have known abusing the poo poo out of our bodies and eating a pound of saturated fat a day was bad for you!"

• Locked thread