Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Frankenstyle posted:

It is weird that people are so unproductive that they have to pay to go to a place and push poo poo around like human hamster toys so they don't melt into shapeless human lumps. Go split some wood, re-shingle a roof, or something actually useful. I mean good for you for getting off your rear end, but why not actually get something done at the same time?
None of those things are useful to me. If I wanted to be on disability by the time I was 40 I would start doing roof work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Decebal posted:

If working out/running is sooooo important and beneficial to the body, why are we bombarded with pain signals when we do em ?

check-mate evolution :agesilaus:
I thought I'd gone to the limits. I hadn't. Squats gave me an experience beyond limits... pain and pleasure, indivisible.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

RedMage129 posted:

Weightlifting sucks cuz it's all "if you don't do this exact thing in this exact way and eat this exact diet then literally nothing will ever happen and you're wasting your time. " but then mother fuckers can't even agree on what the exact perfect routine and methods are. But then I'm just a filthy casual who wants to look slightly less pathetic.
Nah. When you start you can pretty much do anything and stimulate muscle growth. There are small arguments about what programs will put on the most muscle in the shortest amount of time, but it's not a huge deal. Advanced lifters have done so much strength building that they need to do different things to stimulate growth and it can get pretty individual or strange, and a lot of the time they tell beginners to follow their strange plans when it's not necessary until they start stalling. One of the biggest mistakes I made as a beginner was following a periodization plan with monthly peaks on 8 assistance exercises when I could have just been adding 5-10lbs each workout to a few exercises and improving faster.

Overthinking and spreadsheets are part of the game but are not necessary

• Locked thread