Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm planning on backpacking in the SNP soon and they warned that bears are active. Normally I'd just create a fire big enough to offend God and man but camp fires aren't allowed.

My dog will be with me but I can't really throw him very far so I doubt I'll be able to throw him at a bear so what should I do? No jokes like a drone or something. Be serious. Like what kind of bazooka should I get? Should I bathe in honey to confuse the bear? Maybe build a moat? Help me out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hmmm. All of these are good options.

Re: camera, what do I do with it? Use the flash to scare it or throw it at the bear? Both?

For guns, what's the biggest bullet I can buy legally? I'm assuming anything under 50 cal will be useless. True story, my uncle who works for Nintendo was in Iraq and he says that 50 cal bullets are so powerful that people die just from being beside it

Edit: elephant gun? Lol That's not even the right animal. Nice try tho

best bale fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 18, 2016

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

AceRimmer posted:

Shenandoah National Park I think.

Can you get a second dog OP?

Well I'm sure not gonna carry my Gatling gun on my own! That'd just be ridiculous.

Hmmm illegal to shoot firearms in the park, eh? Do you happen to know the regulations for drones or maybe firing a gun from a hot air balloon?

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So, a sword then?

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"Fireball! Fireball!" *throws tennis balls*

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:eyepop: It's what I get for making fun

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
okay guys, got my dog a bell. Should be good to go now, yeah?

In case imgur is being weird https://imgur.com/a/GgStl

Also, holy poo poo anyone thinking I'm actually going into the woods with guns

best bale fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 20, 2016

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:ninja: takes mental note

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Whew you guys. I'm back from the darkest depths of the wilderness: George Washington national forest. (Next door to SNP. Decided I wanted to try a different trail)

There were tons of signs of bear activity but thanks to this thread and all of the suggestions I felt completely safe.

Yeah. That's a leatherman squirt. Surprised I wasn't arrested by some libtard who doesn't understand mah rightz

Not gonna lie, I felt the primal thrill of the hunt as I used it to open my mountain house dehydrated raspberry crumble.

• Locked thread