Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If you're going to be dumb and carry a handgun on a hike, .357mag for smaller threats, .44mag for larger. Any appreciably powerful round is going to have interesting to handle recoil, so lots of range time beforehand is necessary.

Realistically, carrying a gun along is just dead weight. My .357mag is two pounds, with drop leg holster, loaded, and with six spare rounds, it's three pounds. In a hobby where every ounce of weight counts, just buy a small can of bear spray.

Don't be the douchebag walking around open carrying in large, busier public parks. I take my dog to the park every day, and because this is an open carry state, every pansy-rear end bitch with a clean background check is walking around with something on their hip. Nobody's going to rob you at a big rear end dog park in the middle of the day. People loving suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread