Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
A little late to the show, but I also know the pain of poorly-used regmap and wrangling sound_soc drivers, WM8962 in my case.

Regmap is actually pretty dang cool, but if misused it creates major headaches. The default values array thing is kind of hacky because I wouldn't depend on them not changing between codec chip revisions, but I get that it satisfies some needs. Because of that I'm conservative about what goes into the default values array.

If you're not too worried about the power or latency costs of read/modify/write cycles when changing codec settings, just disable regmap caching entirely, which it looks like you've done by setting the cache bypass flag. The other way of disabling it is at regmap init, there's an option for a cache type and REGCAHCE_NONE is valid.

http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/include/linux/regmap.h?v=3.2

Also, Mark Brown, the author of regmap, has answered my questions before on the alsa dev irc channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread