Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

GOP has shown they are willing to throw in behind one too, even if what it is, is obvious.

Bar Ran Dun fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I keep thinking: This is what it looks like, don't loving forget.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Brave New World posted:

Whenever you see a Canadian "wanting" someone like Trump to be elected for the lulz, you know that you're dealing with a complete dumbass. Which completely defenseless, resource-rich country do you think Fascist America invades 2nd after dealing with the "Mexican Problem"?

I'll give you a hint: It's not Liberia.

oh what the gently caress he's canadian :negative:

Greetings, fellow countryman!

If Trump wins everything is going to be hosed, so please do not support a fascist that will ruin the lives of our friends to the south and, as the flames begin to die out after the purge is complete, turn the gold-plated Eye of Trumpon towards the north, probably because someone in this country called him an idiot.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also i apologize on behalf of my fellows who are apparently going completely insane

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Yinlock posted:

also i apologize on behalf of my fellows who are apparently going completely insane

Oh, but they're just ~*~trolling~*~, and totally got you! Truly 3 Tablets is the greatest puppetmaster to have ever posted

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 24, 2016

3 Tablets Daily
Jun 7, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Who What Now posted:

Oh, but there just ~*~trolling~*~, and totally got you! Truly 3 Tablets is the greatest puppetmaster to have ever posted

I completely stand behind everything I have said in this thread. Trump will ultimately be a good little steward of American capitalism for the next 4-8 years. He'll say some racist poo poo to pander to his base. He'll piss off allies (who will suck it up). He'll oversee the continued concentration of wealth into the hands of the few. Basically, not much will change. However, it will be entertaining to watch half of American society collectively lose their minds no matter who wins because they've been tricked into thinking that the stakes are higher than ever.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

3 Tablets Daily posted:

I completely stand behind everything I have said in this thread. Trump will ultimately be a good little steward of American capitalism for the next 4-8 years. He'll say some racist poo poo to pander to his base. He'll piss off allies (who will suck it up). He'll oversee the continued concentration of wealth into the hands of the few. Basically, not much will change. However, it will be entertaining to watch half of American society collectively lose their minds no matter who wins because they've been tricked into thinking that the stakes are higher than ever.

Okay, you say that, but what if they (attempt to) build the wall, create a registry of Muslims, ban Muslims, start actively torturing enemy combatants and killing their families? What if doing all that opens them to going farther?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

3 Tablets Daily posted:

I do feel like if Trump wins he wouldn't run for a second term.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

3 Tablets Daily posted:

You think taking away the civil rights of people who can't pass the Paper Bag Test is the height of comedy, but totally aren't racist.

3 Tablets Daily
Jun 7, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Who What Now posted:

You think taking away the civil rights of people who can't pass the Paper Bag Test is the height of comedy, but totally aren't racist.

Yeah that's totally going to happen. :jerkbag:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
We will never elect Vladimir Putin, this is MYRCA

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

SedanChair posted:

This is what I figure, that Trump finally showed the Republicans that they've created an environment where anyone can rise to the top simply by saying exactly what people want to hear, with no concern for the influence of lobbyists.

It's hard for me to imagine who this second racist populist will be though. Doesn't seem like it'll be a politician, the GOP ranks are devoid of talent.

Peter Thiel

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

3 Tablets Daily posted:

No loving way.
Trump and his sons will take on so many back handers they will make Nixon blush. They will use the whitehouse to line their off shore havens.
You are going to get unoffical militias and groups going around finding illegals to deport.
And regulations will be repealed up the rear end, Trump will make the US much much worse for its people.
GWB was a loving idiot. But he had Cheney and the cronies to keep his antics in check.
There is no one here to stop Trump doing insane poo poo. Trump won't take a NO from anyone anyway.
A crackhead has more control than Trump has.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

3 Tablets Daily posted:

It's not like Trump has massive personality disorders and is, as we loving speak, setting up a 20 million dollar superpac to smear someone he has already defeated.

Also a lot of this situation can be laid directly at the feet of the previous "good little steward of American capitalism" where, if you'll recall, hundreds of thousands of people died. so even in your magical fantasy land where Trump ISN'T a dangerous fascist you're still wanting to gently caress foreigners and the poor for no reason.

But it's all a troll am I right haha top kek from my boys.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

happyhippy posted:

No loving way.
Trump and his sons will take on so many back handers they will make Nixon blush. They will use the whitehouse to line their off shore havens.
You are going to get unoffical militias and groups going around finding illegals to deport.
And regulations will be repealed up the rear end, Trump will make the US much much worse for its people.
GWB was a loving idiot. But he had Cheney and the cronies to keep his antics in check.
There is no one here to stop Trump doing insane poo poo. Trump won't take a NO from anyone anyway.

well to be "fair" it's more like Bush kept Cheney busy running damage control a lot of the time which limited Cheney's pure evil to "only" a couple wars and countless horrific human rights violations.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 24, 2016

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Wasn't Cheney the guy who wanted to glass the ME after 9-11 and Bush said 'well maybe not so much'.

Bush definitely pushed his agenda, and was less curious than incompetent, but most of the governance stuff was handed off to the Nixonites and Cheney.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

3 Tablets Daily posted:

Yeah, because literal white supremacists and Nazis would never do anything to minorities. You got it.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
As a middleclass white Canadian, nothing is likely to change much for me, ergo nothing will change for anyone.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

3 Tablets Daily posted:

Okay, dipshit. What if his openly racist rhetoric gives racists license to act violently racist to minority communities? What are the odds of that happening, ya think? As a person of color and an immigrant, I'm real happy that my heartfelt concern/outright fear for my future safety and status is giving you some good yuks.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/sil3ncio/status/756313153076600833
Hahah, guys! loving lol! Perfect in every way! Masterstroke! Vince McMahon's toppling over!

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 24, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

happyhippy posted:

No loving way.

He's already admitted he doesn't care about actually doing the work of the president. Someone who sufficiently kisses his rear end will be able to whatever they want while he runs off to demand we all defend his honor every time something bruises his ego. I sincerely think that he could get us into WWIII.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
The hilarious thing is that this political nihilism/cynicism doesn't even make sense. We haven't had a true caretaker president in decades--pretty much every term has come with seismic changes on either the domestic or international fronts, and few of these were so inevitable that they would have happened in the same way under the other candidate.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Geostomp posted:

He's already admitted he doesn't care about actually doing the work of the president. Someone who sufficiently kisses his rear end will be able to whatever they want while he runs off to demand we all defend his honor every time something bruises his ego. I sincerely think that he could get us into WWIII.

That's just being a great CEO. Delegate responsibility! President Trump can't be on top of everything. But he hires the best people to get the job done. Government is best run by a business man.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

To jump to the most obvious, Godwinning example, a lot of the powerful people that helped Hitler into power thought he was just pandering to the base too. Oh, it's okay, he doesn't really mean it, guys, we can control him, no problem.

I'm not saying Trump is Hitler 2.0, but I am saying that it's really idiotic to assume a guy who appears to be a psychopathic narcissist obsessed with looking strong and powerful, is clearly delighted with the approval of awful people, openly admires dictators, constantly attacks the concept of a free press and encourages his followers to beat protesters, had political rallies that were so consistently violent most of the media just stopped covering it, favors the forced deportation of over two million people, wants to ban anyone of a certain religion from immigrating and has been open to the idea of a national Muslim database and searching mosques 'respectfully', and is so thin skinned that the length of his fingers has become a constant meme because one dude a few decades ago made fun of them and he's still so hung up about it he sends this guy mail...is actually a totally reasonable person who won't act irrationally while holding the most powerful office in the most powerful country with the most powerful military force in the world.

It's at least as stupid to assume this won't somehow affect the country right next door. Our lovely politicians repealing certain laws, writing others, and generally looking the other way allowed our lovely finance people to tank the world economy, dude. I suppose that was super funny too. Hell, for that kind of thing, Trump doesn't even need to do anything but appoint some really awful Supreme Court justices, and he's already got one empty slot with possibly two more in the next four years.

That's not even touching how he wants to start up/ramp up the torture program to worse than it was under Bush, and 'doesn't care' if it doesn't work. Even if you somehow believe he doesn't actually want to do what he says he does, or can't do it, this is something that happened (and in some cases is still happening) less than ten years ago, and there are lots of shitlords in this country who want to bring it back who aren't named Donald J. Trump.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

SedanChair posted:

This is what I figure, that Trump finally showed the Republicans that they've created an environment where anyone can rise to the top simply by saying exactly what people want to hear, with no concern for the influence of lobbyists.

It's hard for me to imagine who this second racist populist will be though. Doesn't seem like it'll be a politician, the GOP ranks are devoid of talent.

Milo Yiannopoulis is ineligible. :saddowns:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

greatn posted:

The Philippines, cause Donald thought they were one of our territories and got mad when they weren't.

and then he butts heads with his Asian counterpart.

The Filipino Trump is current saying it's okay to just outright kill drug dealers and users. Funny how drug lords are probably aren't included.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

3 Tablets Daily posted:

People literally die every day and many more suffer needlessly, because the Supreme Court decided 5-4 that states could turn down free Medicare money, and a bunch of states took them up on that offer for no reason other than the states thought Obama would take most of the blame. Elections matter.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Guys keep responding to the retarded troll. Surely the next ego-fueling reply will be the one that really shows them what for.

3 Tablets Daily
Jun 7, 2006

by Cyrano4747

The Modern Leper posted:

The hilarious thing is that this political nihilism/cynicism doesn't even make sense. We haven't had a true caretaker president in decades--pretty much every term has come with seismic changes on either the domestic or international fronts, and few of these were so inevitable that they would have happened in the same way under the other candidate.

Is your economic system based on the bourgeois ownership of property and the exploitation of labor? Yes, you've had nothing but capitalist caretaker presidents.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

3 Tablets Daily posted:

Is your economic system based on the bourgeois ownership of property and the exploitation of labor? Yes, you've had nothing but capitalist caretaker presidents.

Here's a fun biology lesson for you: Human beings are different! Some want a working government, and some want to ship other human beings off to gulags for having different-colored skin!

I mean I know the classic comedy skit, the Racial Pogrom, is a source of some serious lols but the modern age is putting a new spin on it and dishing out some serious comedy gold.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Evil Fluffy posted:

Guys keep responding to the retarded troll. Surely the next ego-fueling reply will be the one that really shows them what for.

It's less about showing them what for and more about making yourself feel good.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Also I think he's being genuinely Really Dumb

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Even if Trump is entirely hands-off and somehow doesn't shoot his mouth off while president, he's going to ruin the position. Why elect a President at all if they can just arbitrarily assign someone else to make all the judgments and work?

I feel entirely stupid saying this poo poo. Donald Trump is going to ruin the dignity of the USA presidency if he wins. It's loving ridiculous. Oh no, the dignity of a position! But he's going to loving do it, even in the best case Trump-can-be-controlled scenario.

Argas fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jul 25, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The idea that Trump/US politics doesn't affect Canadians is so absurd I can't believe anyone thinks that is true. Their election affects us more than our own. e.g. Bush Jr did more damage to Canada than Harper.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Argas posted:

Even if Trump is entirely hands-off and somehow doesn't shoot his mouth off while president, he's going to ruin the position. Why elect a President at all if they can just arbitrarily assign someone else to make all the judgments and work?

I feel entirely stupid saying this poo poo. Donald Trump is going to ruin the dignity of the USA presidency if he wins. It's loving ridiculous. Oh no, the dignity of a position! But he's going to loving do it, even in the best case Trump-can-be-controlled scenario.

Trump has already basically demolished anything resembling dignity or civility in our election and drawn every white supremacist out of the woodwork for more support. Even if we somehow managed to contain his ego and let Pence make all the decisions (horrifying in itself), he'll make us a laughingstock in the eyes of the world and almost certainly lead to international incidents of unparalleled frequentcy. That's not even getting into the economy or already fragile race relations given his campaign is basically a KKK rally. Or the fact that he'd be appointing at least one new Supreme Court justice who will impact the nation for a generation.

This is all assuming that he basically does nothing, which is incredibly unlikely given his narcissism. Bottom line, he would be a complete disaster worldwide.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Argas posted:

Also the SCOTUS Justices he puts up (which will be rubber-stamped by the Senate) will be hilarious. I can't wait for the people that complained Ginsberg was hurting the respectability of the court by saying the guy being openly anti Constitution is a bad idea for president to see seats 8 and 9 filled with lobbyists from Proctor and Gamble and the NRA.

Geostomp posted:

Trump has already basically demolished anything resembling dignity or civility in our election and drawn every white supremacist out of the woodwork for more support. Even if we somehow managed to contain his ego and let Pence make all the decisions (horrifying in itself), he'll make us a laughingstock in the eyes of the world and almost certainly lead to international incidents of unparalleled frequentcy. That's not even getting into the economy or already fragile race relations given his campaign is basically a KKK rally. Or the fact that he'd be appointing at least one new Supreme Court justice who will impact the nation for a generation.

This is all assuming that he basically does nothing, which is incredibly unlikely given his narcissism. Bottom line, he would be a complete disaster worldwide.

Even if Trump does absolutely nothing but not-veto things it means no less than the destruction of gay marriage laws, abortion being totally illegal, nationwide voting restrictions, social security getting looted, Obamacare being removed entirely and not replaced with any sort of Republican version, and potentially the removal of the progressive tax scale and making congressmen vote for the presidential election instead of the electoral college. A government where all three branches controlled by the current GOP that has made it clear the goal is to burn the country to the ground and loot the ashes would be disastrous.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jul 25, 2016

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Hell, that is absolutely nothing. If Trump wins the presidency, at a time when the Republican psyche and identity has been crushed by McCain and Romney losing, if that is the time when Trump wins, then he will be their new god. The one who took back the presidency from Obama, and denied it to Hillary Clinton, a woman who has haunted their nightmares for a quarter of a century.

If he does this, then every single Republican will fashion themselves after him. He will be how they govern and how they act. And we will fight this same battle for the rest of our lives.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah the only thing holding back Republicans from open white supremacy now is the optics of racism being bad. If you can get elected solely by racist whites then boy howdy are things going to get ugly.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Fulchrum posted:

If he does this, then every single Republican will fashion themselves after him. He will be how they govern and how they act. And we will fight this same battle for the rest of our lives.
Thankfully, that probably won't be a very long time.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Radish posted:

Even if Trump does absolutely nothing but not-veto things it means no less than the destruction of gay marriage laws, abortion being totally illegal, nationwide voting restrictions, social security getting looted, Obamacare being removed entirely and not replaced with any sort of Republican version, and potentially the removal of the progressive tax scale and making congressmen vote for the presidential election instead of the electoral college. A government where all three branches controlled by the current GOP that has made it clear the goal is to burn the country to the ground and loot the ashes would be disastrous.

None of these things are going to happen

Well except we'll probably have voter ID after the rampant voter fraud that will assuredly happen in this election, but there's nothing wrong with voter ID unless you are dependent on getting as many low-interest and fraudulet voters as you can in order to win.

Also SS will probably get addressed since it's a timebomb

But Trump isn't even remotely anti-gay. Trump is bringing the Republicans out of the dark ages on gay stuff which is the biggest blessing out of his inevitable win.

Also nobody is going to make abortion totally illegal and only fools pandering to a very specific vote even claim they will do that. If nothing else abortion is responsible for the drop in crime and helps keep less mouths dependent on welfare

I think the real burning question here is will the Trump supporters be allowed their gloatathon after the Trump win, or will we all get probated despite the mass gloatings of 2008 and 2012 from the lefties?

DND goons posted:

white supremacy

lol

American supremacy is what Trump is about. Get on board and stop the self loathing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Geostomp posted:

Or the fact that he'd be appointing at least one new Supreme Court justice who will impact the nation for a generation.
I'm :derp: as gently caress but if Trump appoints a bunch of SCOTUS Justices I expect Congress will expand the number of Justices on the court just as soon as the Democrats have Congress and the Executive.

That's assuming the Democratic Party hasn't been banned and its members murdered, which admittedly is assuming a lot, but failing that, that's what will happen.

Kilroy fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 25, 2016

• Locked thread