Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.
Wow, they definitely shut down the Never Trump movement in like 2 minutes. They got screwed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Crain posted:

If for some reason you want to brain yourself here's a live stream of Milo's speech.

https://twitter.com/CitizenAnalyst/status/755123830813626368

Did he speak as part of the convention or is he just being a sad hanger-on here?

ForsakenDragoon
Jun 17, 2010
Watching people scream "No" at the top of their lungs is only slightly unnerving.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Grondoth posted:

Can someone explain to me what happened

Same, they started talking about resolutions without indicating what they were, then the Trump chants started.

Fake edit and now the USA chants :suicide:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
back to the music because we're in CHAOS

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
Why are people shouting "Role Call Vote"?

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

So they just switch to generic elevator music to drown out the sounds of dissent. Not even a little bit surprising coming from the Republican Party.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Xarthor posted:

The anti-Trump delegates want to go on record with a vote against Trump, and the rules just got changed so that they can't do this. RNC is loving over anti-Trump delegates.

kittiesgomeow
Oct 13, 2008

This avatar cost on average $27.

Xarthor posted:

Instead of a voice vote, some delegates want a roll call vote where votes will be counted. They want to reject the rules which will possibly allow people to vote how they want instead of being bound.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Crain posted:

If for some reason you want to brain yourself here's a live stream of Milo's speech.

https://twitter.com/CitizenAnalyst/status/755123830813626368

Was skipping through this video, right as I closed it out Milo was talking about Ben Shapiro and someone in the crowd started yelling "HE'S A CU-"

Yep. Pretty much what I expected that to be like.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

This was totally expected though. Once they lost on the Rules Committee to unbound the delegates, the Never Trump movement was essentially dead.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

democracy

kittiesgomeow
Oct 13, 2008

This avatar cost on average $27.
it's so beautiful :allears:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
All in favor, say aye

*30 seconds of chaos*

All opposed, say no

*30 seconds of equally loud chaos*

In the opinion of the Chair, the ayes have it

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Lol Colorado walked out. Qq more. It feeds me.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Wow! Just for shits and giggles, they embarrassed the Never Trump movement twice.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

LMAO I live that he can just say "well it looks like my side won" *gavel*

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
And now the Chair is officially declaring no takesie-backsies.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
except gays, ya know

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

this convention sure is Something Awful

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Are the applauds really weak or is the audio just low?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Are the applauds really weak or is the audio just low?

Ever see someone try to whip up enthusiasm at a seniors' Bingo afternoon? This is as loud as you can expect until the angry young and middle-aged white men fill the auditorium.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I like that about half of the Establishment Wing of the Republican Party just got completely alienated, like they didn't even get a bone tossed to them

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
All those opposed say naTHE AYES HAVE IT

E: WHAT THE gently caress GUAM RUN DUDE THEY GON KILL YOU FOR BEING MEXICAN

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 18, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
r-r-r-r-r-r-republican national convention

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Lprsti99 posted:

All those opposed say naTHE AYES HAVE IT

E: WHAT THE gently caress GUAM

Hey, this is all the political power they have... :ohdear:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

What exactly was the Guamanian resolution?? I didn't quite understand what happened?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Holy poo poo, it keeps getting better worse more.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Praise Jesus that we are nominating this Mammon worshipper.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Well, I guess that's it for a few hours. See you at 7pm.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Four of the state delegations "didn't know what they were signing onto"

bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, they were bribed, threatened or both into backing off

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Are we even sure they actually backed off, and some votes/signatures weren't simply "lost" in the chaos? Either way, that there's some good pandemonium.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Zerilan posted:

Did he speak as part of the convention or is he just being a sad hanger-on here?

He was speaking at a rally outside the event. It was run by "Citizens for Trump", and they called it the America First Rally.

They also had Alex Jones of Info Wars fame speak and his bit was crashed by Eric Andre.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/755154827663912960

Watch that if you want a good fresher on just what the hell happened, why, and what was leading to it with the roll call and votes and such.

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/755155990689951744

Also now that it is fully official and adopted here is the RNC 2016 platform

Crain fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 18, 2016

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Those in favor say "Aye": Loud yelling
Those not in favor say "Nay": Equally loud yelling

In the opinion of the chair, the Ayes have it.

I mean, I can't even be upset at people being pissed at that, because the "Chair" can just say whichever they want because there is no way to have any pretense of accuracy.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Holy crap, the youtube livestream chat is just beautiful chaos

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

I mean, I can't even be upset at people being pissed at that, because the "Chair" can just say whichever they want because there is no way to have any pretense of accuracy.

This is pretty much the entire purpose of calling for voice votes.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The fact that a reality tv star barged into the presidental race and stands a serious shot at winning going by the latest polls is unreal.

I wonder if the democratic primary in 4 years is going to be hijacked by a A-List hollywood actor.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Khisanth Magus posted:

This also happens in the Senate and Congress but there members can call, and usually must be given, a recorded roll call vote. Although it's not a formal roll call, they just vote at their desks and it's recorded.

At the convention? Not so much. It's all on good faith and there is next to no mechanism for disrupting that.

Which is why last election (or a few ago I forget) the Ron Paul coalition tried to pull some similar poo poo and got shut down. Which resulted in lots of angry libertarian nerds whining online about rules and trying to play rules lawyer while everyone else just smugly told them "Welcome to the real loving world where people in power can just tell you to go gently caress yourself".

Pharohman777 posted:

The fact that a reality tv star barged into the presidental race and stands a serious shot at winning going by the latest polls is unreal.

I wonder if the democratic primary in 4 years is going to be hijacked by a A-List hollywood actor.

Hilariously the Democratic equivalent of Trump taking over the GOP is...Trump taking over the Democratic Party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Pharohman777 posted:

I don't think so, the Dem establishment pays tribute to the Alec Baldwins and Sean Penns because it's good publicity and brings in money but nobody puts any credence into what they say

or at least I hope so

• Locked thread