Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Made of Meat

Dammit! They changed imgur, and I have to figure out how to post pics.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

OK, let's see if I can get Imgur working, and get myself motivated to actually participate.

I didn't read this thread until Tuesday, but luckily I had taken a picture on Monday anyway.

On Tuesdays, I usually go downtown to meet a friend for conversation, etc.

But most of the time that I'm not at work, I stay home with the dogs. That doesn't mean I can't trek to water (it's just a shorter trek, and there's not as much water as some of you have). This little lake is on part of my yard. I've named it Veronica. Sadly, it's been pretty hot and low on rain so the water's stagnant and algae grows furiously.

I'm hoping I'll be able to keep up with the rest of you!

Robot Made of Meat

FluffieDuckie posted:

oranges in training

When I win the lottery, I'll have an orangarie. And a limearie.

Robot Made of Meat

You live someplace wonderful, Luvcow!

Robot Made of Meat

Thursday's post. Sadly, I didn't take my camera to my neighbors' house when I went to swim, or I could have gotten some awesome hawk pics. Maybe another day.

Well, today was hot as hell, so I only just got time to take a mediocre pic very late. But hey! I did it!

I present: Patio Frog and Patio Spider!

Sorry for the crappy quality.

Robot Made of Meat

It's been deadly hot/humid here, so I didn't go outside any more than I absolutely had to.

I figured if Super Mario Batali can post his modern technology, I can too:

That's right -- 20 entire MEGABYTES of hard disk that's so compact it fits in an expansion slot with its controller.

Bonus below that, a genuine Hercules Monochrome Graphics Adaptor (with a parallel port built right in).

Robot Made of Meat

This kinda' saddens me because I'm pretty sure the double-legs mean that this was originally a 'reproducing piano.' They were completely amazing, but they required maintenance, and most of the rolls made for them were produced before the Great Depression. It wouldn't surprise me to find that it's a Knabe which originally had an Ampico reproducer.

Ah well, at least people are enjoying it.

Robot Made of Meat

Yeah. I have an irrational fondness for old technology.

Robot Made of Meat

Luvcow posted:

yesterdays pic that i forgot to post: blackberries that are almost ripe, been able to get a few each day for the past few days and hopefully by next week it will be able to get a few handfuls each day:

I have lots of black-caps. They're tasty as long as you remember to squoosh them between your tongue and the roof of your mouth and NOT to chew them and get all the seeds stuck in your teeth.

[quote]and the concord grape arbor leading out of the little area where the blackberries are:

Mmmm!!! Concord Grapes!!

Robot Made of Meat

Grr. Trying to post pic, but Imgur is not accepthing. I DID take a picture today . . . will post it when I can.

Robot Made of Meat

Whew! Imgur finally is working. Here's my pic for today. I know I'm not the only one here who enjoys Miller High Life.

Today was hot and humid as hell until about 3pm. Then the thunderstorms started. The dogs were terrified, but after they were done, the temp had dropped by over 15 degrees and the humidity was MUCH lower.

Hoping all my BYOB friends are doing swell!

Robot Made of Meat

super mario batali posted:

This is an art installation in the ceiling of an art gallery. It was white netting of some kind that had different color lights shining through it and it changed color from time to time. It was almost 100 F outside so people were inside lying on their backs looking up at it and talking.

Nice!

Robot Made of Meat

It's still hot as the hinges of hell here. so I didn't get out much today. So, here's the NCR model 1944 cash register in my bar (along with some other bar stuffs).

Robot Made of Meat

Hogge Wild posted:

Weather vane.

I bet you think this thread is about you. You're so vane.

Robot Made of Meat fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 26, 2016

Robot Made of Meat

I know everyone has been waiting with bated breath for news on my replacement crown, so here it is:

That's the model they made of my jaw, with the temporary crown in place. The real crown seems pretty good, and I'm hoping it'll last longer than the last one.

And in case I ever murder any of you and leave a piece of cheese I bit off at the scene of the crime, please don't doxx me.

Robot Made of Meat

It was a crappy day at work, and my regular Tuesday rendesvous didn't yield any pictures (I figured you didn't want to see sweaty, muscular college guys jogging past me). So, I was just now sitting out on the deck with the dogs enjoying some nice brandy and just looking up at the stars, wondering what I could photograph for BYOB.

Then, inspiration struck.

I was pleasantly surprised by the colors!

(That's 30 seconds at f/4.5 and ISO 800, btw)

Robot Made of Meat

FluffieDuckie posted:

actually the fog adds to the mood imo. especially in the second one

Direct sunlight is harsh and usually unpleasant. Overcast or foggy days provide nicer lighting, and often a nice mood.

Robot Made of Meat

Today's entry isn't as good as I'd like, but it's a dog, so it's better than it could be.

Cosmo:

He usually looks a lot less melancholy.

Robot Made of Meat

I wish I could get a better picture of the hawks that have been hovering over my place this year, but I can't.

I've been here forever, and this is the first year that I've seen hawks on a regular basis. This year I've sometimes seen three or four at a time.

Robot Made of Meat

Cosmo likes chillin' on his back. Here he is in the bar near my desk just waiting for something fun to happen.

And no, his eyes aren't really that scary.

And yes, the cabinets in the bar WERE installed in 1973. Why do you ask?

Robot Made of Meat

Today's entry. I'm really not very inspired today, even though it was a pretty good day. So, here's a picture of the most comfortable chair ever made. I got a pair of them from my ex as a birthday present in the year 19 (mumble mumble).

Ux will appreciate this because they're Ekornes Stressless 'Golf' chairs made in Norway.

Again, sorry for the uninspired post, but it IS part of what is around me!

Robot Made of Meat

super mario batali posted:

So I was on a trip for the last week, so to make it up ill put up some pics from the trip.

Cloud you tell I like clouds?

It appears that you've looked at them from both sides now.

Robot Made of Meat

After yesterday, when the only thing I could find to post was a drat chair, I was ready to throw in the towel.

Well, today two pictures presented themselves to me. So, I guess I'm still in this.

A katydid on a table out on my deck:

And an old friend I haven't seen for a week or so:

Robot Made of Meat

I'm kind of an expert on obelisks, and I think that one is 725 years old.

Robot Made of Meat

The only picture I took yesterday was of a familiar subject, but hey! It's almost Wednesday!

And this evening I was working on a tonearm for a jukebox, and I had to take a picture of it anyway.

Robot Made of Meat

mister magpie posted:

Nice nail hygiene

His nail is indeed clean, and he's holding a tasty-looking bagel.

Thanks for your contribution to this photography thread.

Robot Made of Meat

I tried to post a picture a day, but I kinda' got burned out what with one thing and another.

Then, someone in another thread laid a sick burn on FluffieDuckie, deriding her old-osity and implying she only used rotary-dial phones.

I felt that it was my duty (as a perhaps even older poster than FD), to defend her honor by posting pictures of my rotary-dial phones.

This is the rotary-dial phone on my deck. It's JUST beneath (and slightly south of) Clock Frog's clock.

This is the rotary-dial phone on my front porch. I don't use this one much, but it's nice to know it's there.

This is the Princess Phone in my upstairs bathroom. Please ignore the hair.

This one is in my downstairs bathroom. Basic black rotary-dial deskset. But it DOES have an official Bell-System mechanical pencil with built-in dialing tool on the holder!

This is the clear rotary-dial desk set in my studio. It's pretty rare, and very cool! Sadly, it's also a blurry picture.

In case you're worried, I'm not about to run out of rotary-dial telephones. Here's a drawer-full in my shop.

And in case you think I'm some sort of freak who lives in a place that only has rotary-dial telephones, rest assured. Not all of my phones have rotary dials.

Robot Made of Meat fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Aug 6, 2016

Robot Made of Meat

I guess I should cross-post in the "Things Millennials Don't Do" thread.

Robot Made of Meat

After yesterday's post, I realized that I'd foolishly forgotten the rotary-dial phone in the bar . . just a few feet from my desk. So, I will now rectify that omission.

And while I was grilling a tasty burger for dinner, I noticed this fuzzy fellow on my kitchen door.

I did NOT pet this kitty.

Robot Made of Meat

Uxzuigal posted:

A picture of my house from today, done painting!

http://imgur.com/IFhy4Vl

You have a lovely home, Ux. When I win the lottery, I'll come to your AirBnB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Uxzuigal posted:

Doggie Picture!

Good pic of a good dogge!

• Locked thread