Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluffieDuckie

it's super pretty so please leave it and go take another one

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

the world around me

FluffieDuckie

from my front porch

FluffieDuckie

Hogge Wild posted:

Really nice view!

it doesn't suck.

those hills are 4 blocks away. that whole area is a park and you can walk up the hills on trails. the views from the top (or as far as i've gotten) are gorgeous. i'm considering making the hike so i can take a picture for you guys this month

the ocean is on the other side of that mountain range. about a 45 minute drive

FluffieDuckie

btw i'm aware my photgraphy sucks. but you said take pictures of the world around us and hell i can do that

just don't snicker behind my back about my skills

FluffieDuckie

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Dammit! They changed imgur, and I have to figure out how to post pics.

it's figure out able

low tech duck did it

FluffieDuckie

oranges in training

FluffieDuckie

almost forgot

FluffieDuckie

we were in a small town close to us this morning and they had what they call a pop-up park in what would have been an empty lot.

they put down astroturf and put a huge chalkboard on the building next door and painted a mural. there were lots of funky painted chairs to sit on and giant building toys laying about

my favorite thing was a piano they put out there for anyone to play

FluffieDuckie

i like to think it's retired and hanging out in the park with the kids

FluffieDuckie

roger's playing dead

FluffieDuckie

Luvcow posted:

i don't see any breathing or sign of life so i'm p sure that dog is in fact dead

no he's just excellent at playing dead

today's picture is from the amusement park i was at for some god awful reason even though it was hot as the devil's tits out there today. this little guy made me smile for a minute before i remembered my organs were melting in my chest cavity

FluffieDuckie

Luvcow posted:

two more grape arbors:

those are very pretty :love:

FluffieDuckie

ok since i missed yesterday's picture AND yesterday's gym time i set out today to make it up to you by climbing the mountain to take a picture from the top. also i had a poke egg that needed hatching but that's neither here nor there

things started out pretty well. this is the old barn at the entrance of the park. i love that old thing and i'm going to cry when it falls down

view from my favorite path

shortly after the entrance of the park you cross this old as hell bridge

i'm pretty good with bridges so i suspect this one was built around 1924

shortly after the bridge is when this plan went to poo poo

they closed my loving trail :argh:

so now i'm diverted to something that is more likely a mountain lion path than a human path

so this is where i start rethinking my choice to walk alone. i'm not kidding when i tell you the mountain lions live here. there are sightings weekly. when i can walk on the main path with lots of other people around i figure my odds are pretty good that i won't be the one selected for brunch, but now i'm all the gently caress alone. but i love you guys so much and i promised you a picture so i soldier on.

and i'm not exactly rewarded. this trail comes out to another trail that is clearly not going to the top of the mountain and when i ask some dudes where i am and how to get where i want to go they go "we don't know. we just wandered over here because the other trail was closed." that's when i start to think that a trail map would be a good thing to carry next time. so i take the side of the mountain picture which is not even close to the top of the mountain picture in terms of awesomeness and turn the gently caress around

and then it happens. mountain lions. standing there right on the side of the mountain. a mom and 2 babies. they stop and stare at me and i stop and stare at them. then it occurs to me i should take their picture and i do and then we leave each other alone for just this once.

sorry for the crappy picture. i was trying to escape with my life

FluffieDuckie

actually the fog adds to the mood imo. especially in the second one

FluffieDuckie

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

This alien thing was crawling up the wall to my doorbell just now:

pet the kitty :3:

FluffieDuckie

don't pet the kitty :ohdear:

FluffieDuckie

sunset

FluffieDuckie

ok so i think i owed you one from yesterday so have this thing

FluffieDuckie

guard dog

FluffieDuckie

omg i love his tail :3:

FluffieDuckie

no one told the red crepe myrtle about the drought

FluffieDuckie

super mario batali posted:

This thread needs more mod participation. :crossarms:

-.-

Ok here's the deal. Life got crazy. I'm trying to get ready to leave town and my dog thought that would be an excellent time for an emergency room visit and now my days are filled with shoving pills down a dog's throat in between loads of laundry. None of these things are conducive to talking pictures for the Internet.

As a form of reparations I will post vacation pictures but they may have to wait until I get home because I'm not smart and making pictures appear in my posts from my phone is like witchcraft to me

FluffieDuckie

i see it :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

ok ok i'm sorry i'm so far behind. here are a few pics from New York, land of trash and heat

obligatory statue of liberty picture. the heat index was over 100 that day and even the breeze on the boat was hot

here's the 9/11 memorial. they made giant fountains out of the foundations of the 2 towers with names of the victims engraved around them. being there was the most important part about the trip

here's the freedom tower that they don't call the freedom tower anymore which is kind of confusing to me but whatever

here's a thing i liked at the met

i took a picture of this stranger at the met staring at that picture because i had just gotten done standing in the exact same place just staring at that picture. it was one of those things that makes you just stop and stare

those were my favorites. i'll cull through the rest to see if there's anything else worth sharing

• Locked thread