Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i'm not really into the whole info mining thing, but it seems fun so i hope folks have fun and are safe while they eagerly serve up user data

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

you can sign up without a google account, it's just an even worse experience cause the Nintendo authentication servers go down constantly and the Google accounts ones obviously don't

it took me like 2 hours just to sign in without the google account

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

surprising that something made by a company so crappy even google kicked them ot the curb is bad

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

they say they ran a game called Ingress, then had a Beta of Pokemon GO, but it's still this broken.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

mods please ban/probate these fuckers for thread derailing

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
it's me. i'm the sad useless fucker that links to his own god drat twitter account to post his hot takes on pokemon go. wait no. it's not because i'm not a useless idiot

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

born on a buy you posted:

it's me. i'm the sad useless fucker that links to his own god drat twitter account to post his hot takes on pokemon go. wait no. it's not because i'm not a useless idiot

dsyp

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ya its pretty drat fail

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Stymie posted:

i'm not really into the whole info mining thing, but it seems fun so i hope folks have fun and are safe while they eagerly serve up user data

yeah the game is fun enough that i don't mind that stuff. it's seriously a phenomenon! even my mom is playing :shobon:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PleasureKevin posted:

i'm level 9 with a CP247 Drowzee as my strongest dude

im level 9 with a cp618 vaporeon (Eevee Nicks) get on my level, tech bro

Eevee Wonder hasnt evolved yet

looking forward to Eevee Ray Vaugn

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
also, why doesnt the game do real time full planar surface mapping and place the pokemon on a mapped surface instead of just having it float around

and before you say it's because computers aren't good enough, well, they put a man on the moon with a computer made of rope so putting a pokemon on a table should be easy

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

easier to just embed the tweet than re-upload all the images

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

im level 9 with a cp618 vaporeon (Eevee Nicks) get on my level, tech bro

Eevee Wonder hasnt evolved yet

looking forward to Eevee Ray Vaugn

i have a 619 (booyaka booyaka) vaporeon now

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

angry_keebler posted:

also, why doesnt the game do real time full planar surface mapping and place the pokemon on a mapped surface instead of just having it float around

and before you say it's because computers aren't good enough, well, they put a man on the moon with a computer made of rope so putting a pokemon on a table should be easy

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
things i heard about pgo:

- no retries on any rpc so you get easy softlocks
- the meshes for the pokes get redownloaded every time you restart the app so it gets slower the more you have
- it runs on goog appengine
- people have already reverse engineered the protobuffs so you can get pinpoint directions and timings on wild pokes
- I'm in canada and it just launched here yesterday and it's either an unpopulated wasteland or camped by 1650 cp snorlaxes like wtf people
- im gay

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

angry_keebler posted:

it's pretty shocking how first-gen it seems. i was honestly expecting the pokemon to really "be there". but they just appear in front of your camera no matter where you are or what direction you're facing.

the reason is probably compatibility with old versions of Android and cheaper hardware. although it does seem like it would benefit safety too if they didn't literally have pokemon off the sides of cliffs and inside houses and stuff.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

PleasureKevin posted:

it's pretty shocking how first-gen it seems. i was honestly expecting the pokemon to really "be there". but they just appear in front of your camera no matter where you are or what direction you're facing.

the reason is probably compatibility with old versions of Android and cheaper hardware. although it does seem like it would benefit safety too if they didn't literally have pokemon off the sides of cliffs and inside houses and stuff.

jesus christ, kevin

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

thread title is "post your pokemons names"

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

angry_keebler posted:

no it's because no one cares

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

you're really not bringing me pleasure, kevin.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if i cared to respond to teh criticisms of the f2p google app with pokemon stuffed in it, i would point out that the pokemon do indeed sit on stuff, the surface detection just isn't very good. like sometimes if you move the phone and it finds somewhere better to stick the pokemon it'll adjust. but because this is the post the most yospos Pokemon names you've got thread, i'm not going to post that. i'm going to post the name of my pidgeotto: Steve Jobs

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
what the gently caress is this stupid bullshit. you're supposed to post the most yospos pokemon names you got. take your idiotic sperg talk to cjs

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i did post a yospos pokemon name, idiot. in fact i don't see a yospos pokemon name in your entire post. here's another yospos pokemon name: a mankey named Steve Jobs

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

the marowak jony ive

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

magikarples

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
WCHAR_Tizard

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

metadatapod

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
squirtle but like the zune "squirt" meme instead or smthing

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

(unlucky, creepy, and and putting me to sleep)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Agile Vector posted:

(unlucky, creepy, and and putting me to sleep)

please dont sign your posts

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

lol

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Sarah jeong has been posting all her bitcoin pun pokemon names on twitter, incl this one iirc

also

char * zard

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

my friend named tha tone that' sjust a pile of angry eggs 'bioclock' and it's amazing

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
Not enough letter to call my squirtle "Squirt McGurt"

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
https://twitter.com/bloodhaiI/status/755236184826191872

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I guess you could catch a mankey and call it bonzi