Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

If I ever disappointed Filth Incarnate I would probably cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthIncarnate

Weird owl has life all figured out

alnilam posted:

If I ever disappointed Filth Incarnate I would probably cry

Dry your tears, gentle tree frog.

------

I do not know why I am telling you this, except that reading the thread jogged my memory, but

it is perhaps of minor interest to someone that the suicide of Mr. David Foster Wallace was an extremely important event in my life.

Not because I hold the man and his work in high esteem (I do not) or because I knew him personally (I did not, though I have known some who did), but because, if David Foster Wallace had not killed himself at the precise time that he killed himself, I would never have met the person who became my mentor, and my life would in all probability be very different.

Piso Mojado

Had it not been for some guy killing himself, I may have not had a life where I was writing long-form prose on somethingbawful dot com

Piso Mojado

Summary of this thread:

1. goon embarks on ill-planned train journey.

2. goon hates trains and traveling, gives up immediately.

deep dish peat moss

I don't see the trip as a failure, I spent a week traveling and stayed in 3 different cities and hung out with old friends until I was out of money and then I went home to sit in the woods and write a book

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

Shakill OReal posted:

I don't see the trip as a failure, I spent a week traveling and stayed in 3 different cities and hung out with old friends until I was out of money and then I went home to sit in the woods and write a book

Another BYOB Sucess story!

<3 <3 Vanisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

ok i think that's enough

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

• Locked thread