Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furia

Luvcow posted:

coined the term "glintz" for the little sparkles you see in pavement

:buddy: I love that name

you just have to believe in yourself, there's a little skeleton inside of us all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia

Shakill OReal posted:

Finally time for the second smoke break

Here's another video of the coast like the last one, but it's more interesting coastline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rOsuXRXuoY

hey excuse me hi

I know I'm not very popular and don"t have many (if any) friends here, and I'm sure you get this all the time but might as well say it again

smoking is bad and you should quit (except weed)

I don't mean to pry or be rude or anything, but I just feel the need to say it to people. so I'm sorry if I insulted you or offended you in any way

you just have to believe in yourself, there's a little skeleton inside of us all

Furia

FluffieDuckie posted:

i'm you're friend furia.

:buddy:

Shakill OReal posted:

I should quit smoking but I like it ::(

you can do it! I believe in you!

Furia

I'm sad to hear all the bad news (and non news), friend

maybe talk it out with the pillow and see if this is the right decision for you, and think how doing one thing or the other will affect you

whatever happens, I hope you find happiness in your decision

Furia

hey Shakill, I'm not some world trotting adventurer, but if you don't have a thick loose jacket (green or brown) and a thins sports sweater, money allowing, you should get both. this works in my experience:

the jacket, counterintuitively, will keep you cold in the sun by keeping the rays of the sun away from your skin while the loose fit allows air flow and the somewhat "light" colour will reduce the amount of heat absorbed by the fabric.

sports sweaters are often good at retaining heat, and are thin enough to fold into your backpack. during cold nights you can wear it under the jacket everything zipped up tight to keep you comfortable. see if you find it with sleeve thumb holes for maximum coverage

when sleeping, the most important part is keeping your neck and back in check. if you have small sleeping quarters, ditch the pillow and try to keep your head and back flat against the sleeping surface and tuck your hands into your armpits (kinda tight, but not enough to make you uncomfortable), legs come second and you can keep them up or fold them or whatever you need. if necessary, and if you don't find it icky, sleep on the floor. unless you have a back or neck condition, the bed is only as comfortable as the person that lays on it.

not the best thing in the world, but hope it helps.

Furia

Piso Mojado posted:

As a former smoker, I found it very condescending to be lectured about the health effects of smoking. I knew the effects, hell I lived them. It's an addiction. I quit smoking 6 years ago and I still want a cigarette every time they are even mentioned. people with addictions dont need to be reminded that it's bad. They need to be reminded that there are things out there worth quitting for.

sorry, really didn't mean to be rude

also, glad to hear we're buddies :yayclod:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia

what's your book gonna be about?

• Locked thread